1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Its the WM way and it won't change

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Sep 7, 2013.

1. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +842
    I don't personally agree with the theory, but if anything, today proved his point. Take care of the ball, and you win. We didn't take care of the ball. He can't control the players, and the players lost this one for us.
  2. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Running the same ineffective play on first down doesn't beat good teams
  3. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,215
    Pease thinks so.

And yes, I'm afraid we have a zooker.
  4. PTCGator

PTCGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Champ is absolutely right....Defense does win games and championships! However, that assumes the offense doesn't give the other team 5 gifts every game. We have a fabulous defense and an offense that is currently beating the rest of the team!
  5. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +615
    I guess I will have to watch the game again to see this fab D y'all speak of. Maybe my mood and attitude was to dark to see the good. But we still didnt win the D.
  6. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +745
    The D was INCReDiBLE:

Held Miami to 212 yards
    Shut down Duke
    Our DL completely abused them
    Something like 1/11 on 3rd down for Miami.
    Only a dozen plays for Miami inside our 50
    We had the ball for almost 40 mins

We dominated their offense.
  7. Gator8239

Gator8239 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Honestly I don't thin Muschamp can hold Zook's jock strap as a recruiter. Zook went head to head with FSU and Miami in their hay day and absolutely took it to them. Then again Muschamp is a much better coordinator.

I also think Muschamps first team had more talent then Zook's. Zook got Grossman and Jacobs but the rest of the team was really lacking talent. Spurrier's last class was abysmal. Zook also got the Marshall OC while Champ can basically take his pick of coordinators and Foley would write the check.
  8. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,215
    WM will just say we didn't hold on to the ball and we have to execute. The fact that this is the same crap O of last year basically, and the fact he wastes timeouts, can't get team from making bone headed penalties, and won't make adjustments for O, well we got zookered.
  9. Hill_Raiser

Hill_Raiser Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    It will change when we bring James Franklin in
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +745
    Lol
  11. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +502
    I think I'd take a different small private school guy in a big conference before Franklin. Some young guy on the outskirts of Chicago.
  12. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    That's what Zook tried to sell everyone so no one would expect anything from him.

Zook's standard operating procedure was to make excuses.

He came in making excuses, made excuses the whole time he was here, and he made excuses after he left.
  13. gtj31

gtj31 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127
    Not a bad idea but I don't see him leaving NW. He was an AA at NW and got the job after the previous coach died prematurely.

Plus Pat hasn't shown he can recruit like Franklin. He has shown he can coach; more so than Franklin.
  14. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Will wants to build the Saban / Alabama offense to get the crystal!
  15. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,716

If WM is the coach many of us think he is, he will take a long look at what he's doing on offense and change a lot of things up. If he doesn't, the next time we have a flurry of turnovers that hinder our ability to score in a tight game, this Miami game will come back to haunt us again.

I think he's a great coach, believes in basic football fundamentals, but I think he sort of gets in his own way and trips over himself sometimes too.

We all know from Pease at Boise St. that he is pretty aggressive on offense, and we all know Muschamp is the HBC here and is very conservative. We all know we run a very conservative offense too. I think we all know who's personality is firmly planted on this offense.

It's up to WM to sit down with his coaches and re-evaluate and make some changes to what they're doing on offense.
  16. GreenandScaly

GreenandScaly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +326
    UF shouldn't be a proving ground for guys who have never coached before. Foley needs to send the UF jet to Boise, Idaho. I think Petersen is ready for a new challenge. If we don't get CP, UGA will, so let's recognize our mistake and get him.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5

Fixed it for you.
  18. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,212
    Love that guy. Fiery but also smart.
  19. reel_gator

reel_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    You guys are a hoot... You are sore because we lost....so am I...but stop the kneejerk reactions.

Boom took us to BCS bowl in his second year. This year JUST STARTED. Our defense is the best in the country...bar none. Driskel passes for almost threw for 300 yds. But we couldnt run the ball and our OL is what concerns me...not play calling. We cant get a yard on crucial plays. The canes stacked the line and wanted us to throw. Our play calling didnt result in turnovers...players caused that. TE # 88 should never have the ball thrown to him again...drops passes and on a key third down takes a short route over the middle and instead of taking a couple of steps towards Driskel...he just stands there allowing the LB to come up and slap the ball out of his hands.

There are a lot of teaching moments for our offense and yes...Driskel had issues and he pressed too hard. But one interception might have been avoided if # 88s brother turns his head and another turnover cause by him putting ball on the carpet. Our young wrs are still learning and will become solid....in the meantime we have just two targets as play makers...# 1 and # 83... Dunbar and Patton.

We still have a LOT to play for and passing the ball didnt cause this loss...it was the canes FORCING us to throw that did...we just couldnt untrack our run game enough and I think we should have Driskel run more at times...but we out gained them almost 2-1. Canes OL was experienced and one of the best in the country and for the most part we stuffed them cold....69 yds gained after the first qt.
  20. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    You don't need to watch the whole game. Just look at 2 numbers - Miami's total rushing yardage - 50. Miami's passing yardage - 162, completion % less than 50%. And that's with a supposedly great QB in Morris and a supposedly great RB in Johnson.