It started with the Apology Tour

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Jun 25, 2013.

1. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Werd....
  2. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,474
    [​IMG]
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,566
    Obama's in bed with the Taliban in Afghanistan and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and you say what?

Please complete a thought next time.
  4. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Tell it to OBL, most of the AQ leadership, and Qaddafi - oh that's right, THEY'RE DEAD!

Perhaps you liked it better when we had a president who wore cowboy boots,said he didn't care about OBL anymore, and then went to war 1/2 way around the world so we could install a government of Iranian stooges and protect Chinese oil interests. Those were the days.

Can you hear me now?
  5. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +2,474
    Oh I get it, Obama killed OBL himself? He captured and killed Gaddafi too? Oh and no AQ members or leadership were killed when Bush was in office?
  6. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    A US intelligence assessment made in 2008 said AQ was stronger then than even before 9/11.
  7. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +2,474
    While we were killing their leaders? You know, like Obama' admin is doing? Whos to say killing their leaders works? Maybe it strengths their resolve.
  8. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Actually the same recent US Intelligence estimates say that AQ is significantly degraded, so Obama's plan of hot pursuit into Afghanstan - promised during his 2008 campaign - along with drone strikes which in his 1st year alone exceeded all of Bush's, has worked. You may remember that Bush said he didn't care about OBL anymore.
  9. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +2,474
    I don't remember that, but then again, I hated Bush almost as much as Obama. Good for Obama if he slowed down AQ, it would be one of the few things I actually think Obama did a good job with during his presidency (along with deporting more immigrants than Bush admin did, maybe a few other things).

I'm an equal opportunity government hater.
  10. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,872
    right. I can tell by the way you claim that everyone who disagrees with you is stupid and obtuse.:grin::grin::grin:
  11. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    This message was shot down the first time you posted it, what makes you think if you recycle it that it will be any better? Prince Barry was interrupted during a game of golf to come watch UBL being killed. He objected to the strike and refused to do it, so Panetta had to call for it -- perhaps Leon has stones, since Barry has none. Notice Barry has on a golf shirt and a baggy windbreaker? He was pulled in off a golf course so he could be shown what a military action looks like. He looks like he's about to crap his pants, too. That's pathetic!
    [​IMG]

If you think AQ has been weakened, google "Benghazi" to see what they did in response to Prince Barry and Sir Gaffsalot crowing about killing UBL.

Wait, what about our valiant Secretary of State? You remember, the one we would feel comfortable having to take the 3AM call. How did she respond to Benghazi? She apparently didn't answer the call from Benghazi since four of our citizens were slaughtered by AQ operatives and she knew about it while it was happening, but didn't lift a finger to do anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr7odFUARg

This entire administration is shameful in its domestic policy, but far, far more so in its foreign policy. For you to argue otherwise is absurd. Prince Barry makes Carter look like a competent leader.

It started with the Apology Tour.
  12. MastaG8r

MastaG8r New Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    There's actually a serious topic addressed by this thread. Other countries are basically laughing in America's face over the idea of extraditing Edward Snowden. We used to be the Big Man on the international campus but clearly we have lost some of our prestige.

This is what the OP pointed out, and I agree with him that it did not bode well for our standing in the world when the first order of business for our new president was to take a tour around the world talking to foreign audiences about what big meanies we've been in the past and announcing his intention to transform us into a kinder, gentler player on the world stage.

In my opinion the OP is right - 0bama's conciliatory comments and gestures have probably been interpreted as weakness by other leaders, most especially the more authoritarian ones.

Try to visualize someone like Putin coming to the United States and expressing regret over the bad stuff the Russian government has done over the years, and promising to play nicer going forward. Ha! It's not hard to imagine the contempt his type must have for 0bama's type.

So anyway, it's a legitimate topic but before even clicking on it I saw the title and knew it would feature good ol' rivergator denying that 0bama's Apology Tour was an apology tour because he never used the words apology or sorry. :roll:

Somebody get the OP a bandage for his ankle.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  13. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,514
    Well they are in my mind.:grin:
  14. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA
  15. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,094
    http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html

Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from [Osama bin Laden]. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.
  16. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
  17. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,094
    How is that "But Bush"?

Guy said he didn't remember something Bush said, I provided him the context. I'm not even sure how it relates to the original post, but carry on with your knee jerk reaction.
  18. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Funny but I don't remember anyone "shooting down" the recitation of facts regarding Obama setting the policy that has decimated AQ leadership, killed OBL and Qadaffi, and liberated Libya and made us all heroes to it's peoples - kind of like what Cheney and McCain promised would happen in Iraq - nor have you here. You did regurgitae the alternative reality that I guess you pick up from Rush or somebody that bears no resemblance to the facts, and it is obvious you can't even keep score on lives lost on foreign policy or the killing of actual enemies - wanted dead or alive by the previous WH occupant, until he announced he didn't care anymore. Skipping over that same previous occupant when supposedly discussing foreign policy disasters says it all - you have no regard for evidence or facts, and talking to you is like talking to a cartoon. I won't waste my time anymore.
  19. gatorchamps0607

Ratings Received:
    +2,474
    Can you stop claiming that Obama killed Gadaffi or provide proof that he did it?
  20. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Sure 0bama singlehandedly killed Qadaffi and made us heroes to the Libyan people -- so much so that its people killed four of our diplomats. Talk about living in an alternate universe!

Prince Barry refused to approve taking out UBL, so Panetta had to do it without the Prince's knowledge. The photograph of him sitting in his golfing attire with the scowl on his face speaks volumes. 0bama is the laughing stock of the world, much like Carter was. Carter had the Iranian hostages taken and Iran refused to return them, 0bama can't get Snowden returned first from China, then Russia, now Ecuador. Ecuador for crying out loud!!! That's embarrassing.

It started with the Apology Tour.