1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Israel behaving badly again

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Sohogator, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sohogator

Sohogator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +574
    You were reported as well.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. richmondgator81

richmondgator81 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    Do you have a link that supports these assertions about their intelligence thwarting many attacks on US soil?
  3. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,620
    The British? Hell yea they did. They stole our technology in both wars we fought against them (sold info on our ships to the Barbary pirates too btw)...and they also had spy rings in Washington during both World Wars to sway political opinion and to try to steal American industrial secrets.

The French have stolen idk how many things from us--to this day! The last time they went to Red Flag, their planes turned on electronic recording devices to try and record our radar frequencies and other elint info. We know they've reverse engineered our stuff and have sold some of their data to the Chinese and Russians over the last 10-15 years as well.

Point being: you're completely separated from reality if you think Israel is the only country that does this...let alone our only ally.

Israel apologist...I like that. Is this where I call you a neo-Nazi who hates Jews? Or should we stay on topic?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,514
    hahahahahaha
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorev12

Ratings Received:
    +1,620
    I'll check for media reports that touch on it, but it rarely makes the press.

The Israelis deny commenting on just about any intelligence operation (even the ones that are successful) and actively prefer to be in the background on these things. Partly, that's to protect their sources and their networks of undercover agents. But it's fairly widely known in the defense and military communities about Israel's assistance with intelligence sharing.
  6. Sohogator

Sohogator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +574
    You are a neocon. You can't even admit Israel murdered our citizens. Like Wolfowitz et al your first allegiance is towards Israel. You are incapable on staying on subject

Sad
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. gatorev12

Ratings Received:
    +1,620
    And you are delusional. Been accused of many things, but a neocon isn't one of them.

I don't know if they murdered our citizens. Neither do you. It was a wartime environment and confusion happens. In every war. We ourselves have done it--to the Brits--in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Israelis investigated it, owned up to it, and compensated the victims if memory serves.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    So if it rarely makes the press and Israel refuses to comment on it, where are you coming by your information? How is this "widely known"?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gatorev12

Ratings Received:
    +1,620
    I'll try to find something that mentions their involvement. Lol, what's just say I was "in the biz" as it were.
  10. Sohogator

Sohogator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +574
    It is not debatable that the Israelis murdered the sailors on the uss liberty (and wounded 200 others). They flew at deck level and us sailors looked the pilots in the eye. At the stern a 5*8 Stars and Stripes flag flew.

The Israelis paid 6m in reparations which was,an insignificant dent in the aid we gave them that year.
  11. Potzer01

Potzer01 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    The US government, spies on US citizens, at an alarming level. No one wants to talk about that though.

That is something that should stop, that we should all be able to agree on.

You guys spend so much time, sniping at each other over semantics, imaginary party lines, which affront to our "rights" is this biggest by whom.

However, no one wants to get serious about the repeal of the patriot act?
  12. Sohogator

Sohogator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +574
  13. Sohogator

Sohogator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +574
    I am right there with you. DHS also needs to be dismantled.
  14. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    So you have first hand classified knowledge of Israeli intelligence thwarting terrorist attacks on US soil?
  15. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    You could tell me but then you'd have to kill me?
  16. BigCroc

BigCroc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +301
    Soho - you're out of line on this one.

All nation-states spy. Israel spies on us (as do our other allies) and we spy on them (as we do our other allies). Always have, always will.

Israel is a tiny nation surrounded by states whose number 1 goal is to wipe them off the face of the earth, and who have shown a willingness to try to do so whenever they've felt they have the opportunity. Israel is also a state composed largely of members of a religion who had 6 million+ of their own ruthlessly killed during the past 70 years by a nation that is now an "ally" of theirs. Is it surprising they may be a little sensitive to the fact that alliances may change over time and it is necessary to their survival that they obtain all intelligence they can - from any source? Is their stance categorically different from our own spying on "allies" (or their spying on us)?

There are reasons one may disagree with Israeli policies, and I disagree with many, but to suggest that the country be
    "stricken down" is wrongheaded.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Sohogator

Sohogator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +574
    I notice you didn't address the fact that the murdered our servicemen on the uss liberty (34) and sold our most vital secrets to a mortal enemy who posed an existential threat to us.

All I am calling for is that we turn our back on them and cut off aid. Seems pretty reasonable.
  18. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    I'd certainly like to stop sending them tens of billions of dollars.

How is this not more of a point of contention amongst conservatives who abhor government overspending? How do we know that money is not being wasted if we can't know how it's spent? Do we just assume they are using it wisely and in our best interests? Hope for the best? Just trust the military (aka Uncle Sam)?
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  19. richmondgator81

Ratings Received:
    +351
    Question: Is it possible to spend TOO MUCH money on national defense?
  20. BigCroc

BigCroc Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +301

I still disagree, but if you started your thread by proposing we cut off aid and cut ties to Israel for the reasons you suggest this might have been a more substantive thread - there are fair arguments on either side of that suggestion. When you start out hurling invective you get 4 pages of invective returned and little discussion on the merits of your position.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.