Is Tyler Murphy the most valuable player in college football?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gottapanda, Oct 2, 2013.

1. GatorByte

GatorByte Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +137
    None of the writers for GC have ever referred to our backup QBs as "garbage", so you are completely wrong on that failed point.

Nobody is following you around either, so you should probably get over yourself. You're simply impossible to avoid (even with the ignore feature when quoted) because you constantly insert your very debatable opinions into every thread. I see them like everyone else. Perhaps the biggest difference though is that I remember what I read quite well.

You might be pretty forgettable in real life, but you aren't here. In fact you act similar to a troll regularly.

How about this: you keep posting embarrassing stuff, and I'll be there to throw it right back at ya?
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    GC writers said the team was in trouble if Driskel got hurt and the backups looks pretty bad.. You are certainly following me around but it is ok you are fan. What else would you like to say to your hero get it out now. It is interesting you are not pointing the many things I am right about. Would you like to attach the OP for not believing in the other back ups?

I haven't embarrassed myself once. What are these troll post? I want you to let it all out now so this doesn't happen again.
  3. GatorByte

GatorByte Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +137
    I come to GC to read and post about the team I care about. What about that is hard to understand exactly? If you stopped posting right now, that wouldn't change. I've been reading this forum for a long, long time.

You could better spend your time here not trashing Gator players with your perception of their talent level. Referring to anyone on this team as "garbage" is unjustified no matter what you come up with to rationalize it.
  4. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    You sure love commenting on things I say of late. I am not one to really trash players on the team more of one to defend them. Just like in this thread where I point out I am not going to count out Skyler. Now what else would you like to say to your favorite poster so we dont have this problem again?
  5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    There was certainly plenty of preseason discussion about whether JD should be allowed to run the ball because of the concern he might get hurt and the backups didn't appear ready to run the offense. I thought I read this from multiple sources.

Thankfully that concern appears to have been unwarranted, as so far, TM looks ready to handle the job and handle it very well.

I really like what we saw from TM against UK - fingers crossed that continues against Arky and for the remainder of the season.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I dont think it was unwarranted it is just the maturation of a players which everybody is glad it happened. In the spring the coaching staff (through interviews) said they were worried about the DT's LB's TE's Safety and Back up QB positions. After spring the staff was no longer worried about the DT's.

During camp the staff started to feel better about the LB's and Safety and how TM played in Jeff absence in camp. They still had TE worries. They said they felt even better about Tyler after how he practice the week before the UT game when Jeff was limited at practice because of his knee.

Those 1st team reps Tyler got helped him a ton Jeff's appendix issue might be the key to this season
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,007
    This.
  8. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    It's hard to say someone is the MVP of college football when your main argument is that you don't have an adequate backup for him.
  9. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +914
    AZ, you are my favorite poster. If all I wanted to do was hear myself talk, why would I post on a message board? Anyway, I think it's unfair for people to criticize you on these threads. That's the point of message boards, to get other opinions. I may think I know about certain things, but someone like you may know more about something and be able to explain to me why things developed the way they did. It's all about gaining knowledge, right? Anyway, I appreciate your posts and feel the better for it when you come on here. When you critique my threads or add to my posts, I don't think you are "trolling" or "inserting yourself into every thread". I for one appreciate your insight and just wanted you to know that. Remember this when the "real" fans attack you. I guess that makes me "fake" too, oh well.
  10. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    LoL, following him around? That's rich. That's like saying you're following around all those "South of the Border" billboards when driving north on I-95.
  11. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    murphy was very efficient playing two of the worst teams in the conference. Honestly, that is what you would EXPECT out of any decent QB.

Now he has to take a step up in competition against an Arkansas team that is playing decent defense, and putting a lot of pressure on the QB.

He needs to continue to play well for UF to win. I will jump on the bandwagon more if he does moderately well against Arkansas.
  12. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    I don't know, seems like that's exactly the reason you'd say a guy is valuable to his team. Most valuable doesn't mean best.
  13. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    if he has a good year, would he be in the running for the heisman?
  14. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +727
    Kentucky doesn't have the worst defense in the conference though.
  15. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,080
    I think what he is trying to say is that with what he's done considering what everyone though he would do is why he should be listed. I agree. We in my opinion have actually gotten better with him in there. Nothing against Driskel but it seems things are "smoother" on offense now.
  16. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    No.
  17. PTCGator

PTCGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +159
    TM is definitely the MVP at Florida right now! As he goes....so goes our season! Easley was the defensive leader but we have far more talent on defense than offense. If TM continues to play well, we have a shot at the SEC East and maybe the SEC title. If he goes down we will have to win by 7-3 scores!
  18. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Huh? So you think something like the Major League Baseball MVP trophy actually goes to the player who meant the mos to their team? Are you serious?

So if a team lost 150 games and scored 20 runs all season, the player who hit 8 home runs would win the MVP because his 12 RBIs meant he was responsible for more than half his team's offense?

I don't think you grasp what the MVP trophy is.
  19. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    I don't think you grasp the subject of this thread. I'm basing it on McShay's criteria, which was most important player to his team's success. I'd say that's Murphy for us. I asked if he was most valuable in the country because that makes the thread more interesting. Wtf are you talking about baseball for?
  20. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Because YOU said "Most valuable doesn't mean best."

If YOU mean something different than how the rest of the world determines the most valuable player in a country then you might want to say that.

Maybe ask if any team would be hurt more by losing one player than the Gators would if they lost Murphy.

The title of the thread is "Is Tyler Murphy the most valuable player in college football?" That is the same as "MVP." There is a big difference between a player you can't afford to lose and an MVP.

A player could be an MVP but the team wouldn't be destroyed if he got hurt because they have a great backup. Ex. - Chris Leak may have been our MVP in his senior year but we still would have been pretty good if he went down because Tebow would have been pretty good.

Losing Tyler Murphy would be devastating but only because there is no great backup to replace him. That doesn't make him the "MVP." It makes him the player we can least afford to lose. A big difference.