Is our ultra conservative "O" keeping fans away?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Gatorcarson, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
    No thanks, I'd rather ask Will ( Just Won 11 Games In Second Season ) Muschamp.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    :laugh::laugh::yes:

Rep. Made me spit my soda out all over my screen.
  3. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +553
    Also interesting is we had Weis the first year. Pease the next year. And at least he is going into his 2nd season with a foundation on the first season--which was successful. At least if you measure by wins/losses. Maybe not so much if you measure by 'entertainment' value.

I personally prefer the W's to be the stat that counts. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,752
    I see you don't care to respond to my prior post... just ramble on about your demonstrably incorrect perceptions.

The offense is clearly improving. If you can't see that, I'm not sure what to say.

As Nicho pointed out, the big picture last year was 11-2. Also the fourth quarter domination (by design) that got us to 11-2.

We clearly look much better in this year's opener compared with last year's opener. We're headed in the right direction.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +330
    LOL, ain't it the truth!
    He's a troll, he intentionally does the .thing because he knows it irritates people. I was going to do a reply to him doing the .thing but it's just to hard to type like that. He's done nothing but try to stir up un-entertained Gator fans and give me a headache reading his posts.
  6. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    This is just pure results based analysis and frankly amateur analysis. Our D sucked in 2007, and since we lost multiple games people were okay saying we struggled on D. We lost a bunch of games in 2010 and 2011, and our offense was bad, and people were comfortable saving so.

Yet in 2012 we make no noticeable improvement offensively, yet we win a few more games, and all of a sudden the same offense is good?

It's about as amateur as you can get in terms of analysis.

If that 2007 team won a few more games bc of Tebow, would you people seriously say that our defense was good?
  7. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133
    2011 13 fumbles lost, 13 interceptions
    2012 10 fumbles lost, 5 interceptions

2011 3rd down conversion 32%
    2012 3rd down conversion 37%

2011 TOP 28:19
    2012 TOP 32:27

2011 4th quarter scoring.. UF 59 Opponent 86
    2012 4th quarter scoring.. UF 128 Opponent 32

Our O definitely improved last year. Coach Muschamp wants to play ball control and tough D. Last year we had 11 fewer turnover, better 3rd down conversion, and increased TOP by over 4 minutes a game. Most of all, we wore down our opponents and played strong in the 4th quarter.. Our O really came through when it counted. Very simply, this improvement in our O, along with our tough D, can explain our much improved record 2012 vs 2011
  8. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
    We also improved by an average of 7 yards per game against a better aggregate defensive ranking.
  9. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    I love the way you throw around negative statements that have no basis in fact.

" . . . we win a few more games (in 2012 vs 2011)." Yeah, I'd say 11 wins is definitely "a few" more than 6 in 2011.

"Yet in 2012 we make no noticeable improvement offensively . . "

In 2011 we had 2,400 passing yards, in 2012 we had 2,688

In 2011 we threw for 13 TDs and had 13 INTs, in 2012 we threw for 18 TDs and had 6 interceptions (most of which came in one game).

In 2011 our 3 leading rushers had 1,758 rushing yards and 10 TDs. In 2012 our 3 leading rushers had 3,168 yards and 17 TDs.

Seems to me that 288 more passing yards, 5 more TDs passing, 12 fewer interceptions 1,410 more rushing yards, and 7 more rushing TDs from our three leading rushers represent a very noticeable improvement over 2011.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,752
    Very solid... and unlike "Mr Statistics", you actually backed up your position with relevant statistics.
  11. g8rvet

g8rvet Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    Ironmike, last year, when we laid an egg a few times offensively, did you pay attention to the starting offensive line and the rotation? If you have the time and do not know the answer go back and look at the walking wounded and the 2nd stringers playing the whole game with no healthy backups. Then notice what the offense looked like when the line was healthy. Other than the bowel game (spelling intentional), look at what a healthy O line produced. I understand what I think you are saying. Saturday's game did not "feel" like the offense had improved much. But what all these folks are saying is trust the stats, don't trust your (or mine, or their's) lying eyes. ;) The game was in hand, we were down some key starters and we executed the game plan to perfection. Calm down brother, it is a long season. We will be okay.
  12. gatorboy

gatorboy Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +137
    If you grew up loving the Gators you don't give a crap, I am honored and thrilled to see my team, every time they play. I have seen every offensive style, every defensive style over the decades, always loved them cause they are my Gators.
    In the new norm the whiners, complainers sometimes appear to rule, however the doers, the believers, the lovers of the Gators will always rule.
    Take your stats and shove them, the Gators are the best!!!
  13. gatorboy

gatorboy Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +137
    And yes I would not trade Muschamp for any coach I have seen here,(except maybe Graves), Muschamp really gets it.
  14. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    I think attendance suffers when you play at noon on the last Saturday in August, or the first couple of Saturdays in September; particularly when it is done for TV , meaning that folks can sit at home and watch in a/c comfort. But, once I passed my 75th year I may have just gone soft.

I would really be surprised if football fans stay away from games because the offense of the team they love is not pretty enough. There is just so much more to the game day experience than how many times your team throws the ball down the field.
    (I happen to believe that the most beautiful sight in football is for your team to ram the ball down the opponents throat about 15 straight times as it marches 80 yds to score. It is lovely to see the defense bending over and nearly retching with exhaustion. But, again that may be personal preference.)
  15. 9Iron

9Iron New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Time to Beat the scum

Time to focus positive energy on beating my most hated team except for Georgia! .There fans are the worst .The last time they were in Gainesville they turned over garbage cans threw beer bottles in the neiborhoods near the stadium .You can't spell scum without um.go gators
  16. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Boom's definitely doing better- he could end up being our Mark Richt or Les Miles.
  17. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Was with you (mostly) until here- the chance to upgrade from Boom to prime SOS or Urban (what they were here) would be awesome, but we have what we have right now.
  18. gatorboy

gatorboy Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +137
    We ain't got spurrier or urban before he went nuts, we have one of the best young football minds in the business whom will surely get it done
  19. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +596
    Boom is much better, now put some soap in your mouth, swish, and go back to timeout.
  20. mac4lyfe

mac4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Bump...

and let me add that our ultra conservative offense is also losing us games. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.