Is our ultra conservative "O" keeping fans away?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Gatorcarson, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    well if she thinks it's boring give me your tickets, I will be a real fan and cheer on the team instead of complaining them
  2. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,209
    Going to a gator game, for me, NEVER gets old. I love it every time. It's an experience you only get a few months out of the year. I relish it every time I step foot in the swamp. Would I like to see a more high powered offense, sure. Who doesn't want to see long ball? But I'm just as happy with a ridiculously stingy defense. That's what wins championships.

As long as we have one more point than our opponent, I'm good. Unless its a creampuff.... In that case, I want to win by a decent margin. (Like today)

Lastly, I know we've all said it before. But I really think the Miami game next week dictated a lot of what we did today.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Our offense is nowhere near what the modern game is. I'm guessing you are talking Bama, but they are tremendously more aggressive than us on offense.
  4. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    Good grief, it's not enough that we win in an overall very well-played game (except for the penalties) against a decent team. Now for some people just winning isn't enough, we have to win in a way that keeps them and their wives entertained.

To answer the OP's question, I don't know how anyone could have stayed home today because of our boring offense. It was the first game, nobody had seen our offense yet.
  5. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    There is a fine line. Obviously we should be happy to have won. But to expect brainless idiot football fans that can only think of the past game is also a bit ridiculous.

I make no apologies that I want my school to win rings. I know enough about football to know what is generally required to get the hardware. My bad that I worry and hypothesize on how to fix our deficiencies.
  6. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    No, the ultra-conservative O is not keepng fans away.

Attendance has dropped all over the nation, primarily due to the recession.

If you want to go through the attendance statistics and can show that UF's attendance, since CWM has gotten there, has dropped more than the attendance at more up-tempo teams such as USC, Texas, Clemson, UGA, etc... then we can consider the question.

But I think seats are still a little empty across the nation, in the NFL as well as college ball, b/c too many fans don't have the disposable income they had ( or thought they had, when home prices going up, HLOCs were easy to get, etc..).
  7. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +700
    As long as we control the game I always will love a win against a subpar opponent like Toledo. Now Miami of Ohio I did not enjoy.

We were in control the entire game. I love a strong running game and a strong D. I also do love a strong passing game, but that's not all that matters. I think our passing game will be much improved over last year. We didn't get to see much of it today because it was not needed. It won't be a strong passing game until next season imo, but it will be average this season.
  8. Gatorcarson

Gatorcarson Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    You are the type of fan that is the problem. I have not missed a home game or bowl game in 15 years. I appreaciate every win, but doesn't mean I think it is exciting to watch. And it doesn't mean we can't see the limitation of the offense. I have every right to have an opinion and, so far, I have been dead on. Since we began this boring brand of offense, we have seen attendance plummet and we've lost every single time our defense didn't have an outstanding game -- i.e. see Louisville game. If you honestly think we can ever win a NC with this conservative style....well, we'll agree to disagree. But don't tell all fans they have to agree with everything the Gators do or else they are whiners and bad fans. I was in the 95 degree heat in the stadium today...where were you?
  9. coldsteel120

coldsteel120 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Bama lit it up tonight on offense. Also the OBC is crushing teams with offense. I have to say I felt better about our team today than I have in a while. They did what they needed and did not show much. Toledo has an experience offense and was held to it's lowest point total in 3 years. The OL looked better as did our receivers.
  10. Lizardgrad89

Lizardgrad89 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    The biggest issue is that the real core of the Gator alumni is getting pretty old, and that big screen tv in climate controlled 75 degrees looks better and better every year compared to that 95 degree football game with predicted showers and lightning delays.

After that, rising ticket prices, then maybe a few disgruntled people who think college football is about something other than money getting huffy and giving up their season tickets because of insufficient booty smootching.

Way down at the bottom of the list is an offense that doesn't score 40+ a game.

Personally, I have always preferred a team with a tough, hard hitting defense, no matter what the offense is like. But mostly, I like wins. 3-0 win beats the snot out of a 38-35 loss.
  11. Gatorcarson

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Hence the part of the post that said "almost" stayed home.
  12. Gatorcarson

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Well said.
  13. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,567
    They had two special teams TD's and int for a TD. They had 206 total yards
  14. coldsteel120

coldsteel120 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Raz I'm being sarcastic.
  15. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    well you can thank your boy urban meyer for this and his dumb decision to hire addazio and not getting any playmakers

I'm not saying we have to agree on everything, but everyone here just complains about everything and there are 112093720983 threads after a win complaining and how "they would fix it"

I was in Tuscaloosa Alabama, taking care of my fiance who had brain surgery earlier this year, I will be in Gville for the UT game and the FSU game. I live on my own, with her and she's a full time student at Alabama so I cant afford to drive 8 hours every home game and then the tickets.

but I know we have issues on offense, it's not the best, it isn't the worse, it's not like the 2007 offense but our 08 was okay 09 sucked 10 sucked 11 sucked and last year sucked. The fans in the stadium is happening everywhere pal, Alabama has tickets available, they had a lot of empty seats last year. TV, and the crap games have a lot to do with it but it also has to do with no one has money.

call me what you want, I just said that we bitch and moan about everything and I'm right. We have issues but it got to me finally with the consistent complaining about a freaking win.

our keyboard coaches no more than our coaches, our keyboard AD's know more than our AD, week in, week out.
  16. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,567
    I see
  17. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    You mean that aggressive Alabama offense that gained 206 yards total today? Or maybe you meant their aggressive QB who completed less than half his passes (10 of 22) for a really aggressive 110 yards with an aggressive INT and a TD.

Our boring offense out-gained Alabama's much more aggressive offense by over 200 yards and our boring QB completed 17 of 22 passes for 153 yards with a TD and no interceptions.
  18. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    but it's Jeffs fault a c ouple passes that they did stretch the field were dropped don't ya know
  19. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    Sports is entertainment and I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to watch if they find it boring.
  20. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,632
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.