Is NBC a PR firm for the DNC?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Oct 11, 2013.

1. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Yeah I have no idea. That would probably warrant a call for support, but Andrea Mitchell isn't really a competent journalist.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,001
    That much we both can agree on. :joecool:
  3. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,050
    Ok obob and rick--your discussion above raises a question in my mind. Supposedly, beginning Jan 1, insurance companies can no longer write new business---correct? Given a scenario where a person is covered presently by BCBS of Florida...and then moves to another state sometimes next year, will they be able to take BCBS of FL with them, or will they lose it (I don't know what the rule will be regarding state line issues)....and IF they were to lose it, would they then be forced to go an exchange to get new coverage? That would throw out the entire premise if being compliant with the present coverage you have now....as you would lost your coverage.

While the question may seem basic and possibly even ridiculous, it is something I haven't really seen covered before in any of our threads or other websites as well. IF it were to mean losing your present coverage simply by changing state of residency--then that opens up a whole new can of worms pertaining to the "keep the coverage you have now" promises(lies).

Anyone care to explain or take a stab at that scenario??
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    I have never heard that insurance companies can no longer write new policies. Where did you see this?
  5. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,050
    In here....several days ago. Can't recall who wrote it or the link they provided, but it was something to the effect that beginning Jan 1, 2014 the insurance companies would not be able to write new business on their own. It must go through the exchanges at that point, or at least that is what was implied.

Not saying it was correct, but not saying it isn't either.
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Well if it goes through the exchange I'm not sure that necessarily precludes their writing it, and I wouldn't doubt that process as it's totally feasible.