Interesting take on Florida / Miami

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by timmytebow82, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,272
    I watched the game and I saw the Gators move the ball quite well -- except in the Red Zone, where Miami tightened up bigtime.
  2. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    No they didn't. Florida tightened up big time in the red zone. Maybe one of those turnovers was caused by the miami defense. The rest were just straight up stupidity on UF's part.

Miami's D didn't do anything special.
  3. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    They definitely need to figure out the RZ part. The defense is compressed and some of the underneath plays do not work as well since everyone is so close to the line of scrimmage.

The turnovers were also of big part of the RZ problems.
  4. killercroc_UF

killercroc_UF New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Right about that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Gator Country
  5. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,272
    Of course not. That would go against the rules...

"If Florida is the recipient of multiple turnovers, it is because the Gator defense is great."

"If, OTOH, the opponent is the recipient of multiple turnovers, it is because the Gator offense gave the game away and shot themselves in the foot."

That is, of course, if we cannot blame the head coach, the unfavored coordinator, the weather or the officials...

I can go back to the Dickey Era and chronicle why we lost games, in the eyes of the fans. The ONLY time I remember the fans saying we lost to a better team, or even the better team that DAY, was the Fiasco Bowl with Nebraska.

Like it or not, the Miami defense tightened down and played well. Yes, Driskel made poor decisions, but he was forced into those poor decisions on a few occasions.

This inability to give credit to the other team is as certain as death, taxes and the rising sun. I may have to resurrect my Eight Undeniable Rules I wrote here back in 2000...
  6. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    :yes:

Amen.

Failure to credit the opponent is bad sportsmanship. It destroys the value of competition and spoils the enjoyment of any sport.

Please post your Eight Undeniable Rules. I missed them the first time.
  7. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    Miami provided the formula to beat our defense? If they looked only at UM's first two possessions, where for some reason we were totally discombobulated (couldn't get the right players on the field, couldn't get players in the right positions) maybe so. But they certainly didn't beat our defense overall. In fact we stuffed their offense - 50 yards rushing, 160 or so passing, and that was from a supposedly great QB and RB.
  8. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,272
    At great risk of those who haven't figured me out yet, here they are (updated for 2013):

If the Gators lose:

Rule #1: The coaches are always at fault.

Rule #2: Spurrier, Stoops, Strong, and Meyer (until he left for OSU) are exempt from Rule #1;

Rule #3: The players are never at fault.

Rule #4: Terry Dean, Doug Johnson, Chris Leak, Kestahn Moore, Kyle Jackson, Corey Bailey, John Brantley, and Jeff Driskel are exempt from Rule #3.

Rule #5: If none of the above, blame the weather.

Rule #6: If the weather was fine, blame the officials.

Rule #7: If none of the above, just say we didn't want to be there.

Rule #8: Whatever the reason, blame MUST be assigned. The other team simply CANNOT be credited with being better, even for just that day.

Rule #9: The 1995 Cornhuskers are exempt from Rule #8.

Feel free to laminate...:nervous smile:
  9. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +247
    Just in case --- the game is on ESPNU right now - If anyone wants to upset their stomach for the evening.
  10. Pasco08

Pasco08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +105
    Every time we got to the Red Zone the team just started to shutdown and started shooting themselves in the foot i couldn't understand it.
  11. deathroll

deathroll Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +518
    Be kinda fun to score from outside "the (evil, no-good, god-forsaken) red zone" every once and a while wouldn't it?
  12. Pasco08

Pasco08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +105
    No Thanks once was enough.
  13. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I think Lou Holtz said it best right after the game ended and they went to the studio. When ask about the game he "the better team beat themselves".
    A friend of mine who happens to be a long time UM fan said himself UF would probably win that game 9 times out of 10.....he's realistic enough to see that they did nothing special to win.
  14. qwghlmgator

qwghlmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    He threw into coverage once. :roll:
  15. qwghlmgator

Ratings Received:
    +152
    Yet you're the first one to say all of the Gators' big wins last year were "lucky." Not because we have a great coach. Nooooo...that would go against the rules...

"If Florida is the victor in a big game, it is because the other team gave us the game."

"If, OTOH, the the Gators lose a big game, it is validation of our coach's incompetence and what a fool he is for not doing the things I said."

That is, of course, because trolls always blame the head coach, the terrible coordinator he hired then overruled, the weather the coach was responsible for or the officials he antagonized into hating us...

I can go back to the the beginning of the Internet Era and chronicle why we always suck in the eyes of anonymous internet trolls. The ONLY time I remember the trolls saying we were the better team, or even the better team that DAY, it turned out I was on the wrong board.

Like it or not, the Miami defense is not good and our miscues gave the game away. Yes, Driskel made poor decisions, but there's no reason to think he won't improve with experience.

This inability to give credit to the Gators is as certain as death, taxes and the rising sun. Heck we'll probably even be subjected to those inane "Eight Undeniable Rules" so yahoo posted years ago.
  16. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,272
    No I didn't. Don't lie and make things up. I did say the La-Lafayette win was lucky. And it was.

Trolls? No. That is unless those who were as passionate as Tom McEwen constituted a troll...

You make no sense whatsoever.

I fully expect him to, but then again, I am not among those who are throwing Driskel under the bus. Go annoy them...

Ahh, a parody. Very clever, at least for a middle schooler. Get an education, then come back and debate the POINTS like an adult.

I've been on these boards for 14 years, and other Gator boards before that. I know the mindset of the passionate Gator fanatic inside and out. If the shoe fits, Cinderella...
  17. qwghlmgator

Ratings Received:
    +152
    I've been on these boards for 17 years.

I win.
  18. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Hell, I don't know. I was just reporting what they said in the podcast for Pete's sake! In an answer to your question, I think they said something about jamming the middle and forcing Driskel to throw.
  19. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,272
    LOL! It's all good...:yes:
  20. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    It's an interesting take in terms of how outsiders view our team.