inner city shooting that I probably agree with cons on

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oldgator, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,279

The biggest inner city job is hustling... which you described perfectly. It's dealing and stealin'.
  2. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Isn't that the truth... In fact, once upon a time, Atlanta was a nice place to visit.
  3. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +530
    It is racist on it's face to assume the group in line were poor people using money in the wrong way.

A closet full... assuming they buy drugs and don't buy food or save is also racist on its face.

Even though a group of white people buying a bottle of wine still have the same problem with savings as the set you accuse.

Old, assuming made an ass out of you, not me.
  4. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    the point of my post is that if people, regardless of race, choose to put bling, I-pods, $180$/pair sneakers, $300/pair cowboy boots, Caddys with $1000 rims, pickups with $1000 rims, etc ahead of their family food, housing medical care, education for the children, etc---I don't believe they should be getting 'handouts' from the govt(local, state, federal) regardless of whether they got their money from hustling, drugs, moonshine, poaching, honest hard work, etc.

If a person is to get 'handouts' from govt(local, state, federal) that person should be doing their part to provide for their family's needs. And not expect govt to pay for the family while the person spends the money on himself(or herself) and not himself/herself AND family.

My parents busted their hump to get out of real poverty(father grew up in lower caste in Philippines. Mom grew up on farm in midwest during the Great Depression and suffered malnutrition even though they lived on a farm due to lack of vitamins, etc they could not afford to buy in other foods. One of my moms sisters literally died of starvation and my mom and her other sisters and brother and parents almost died of starvation.). Their families busted their hump doing what they could to provide for them and they both worked jobs, etc to get college degrees. After they got married they lived in Brooklyn in a apartment building in which tenants shared the one bathroom per floor. They saved their money and gradually moved to better location. Always saving money for the children's education, etc. It was only when they became financially very secure that they started buying non essentials in addition to essentials. I get a real attitude when people decide to splurge money on non-essentials and expect taxpayers such as you and I to pay for their food, clothing, medical> Though I grew up in fairly affluent family I was taught the value of money, hard work, priorities, and commitment to family and community.
  5. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +291
    oldgator, you love to run your mouth about others' military service. When did YOU serve???

And when did your beloved Commander-in-Chief Obama serve???
  6. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +344
    Anyone that would spend $180 for shoes is using money the wrong way! :D
  7. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    I'd say more than 30 years ago
  8. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,412
    Meh. Sherman burning the place to the ground was the best thing to ever happen to Atlanta.