Indy doctor arrested for road rage

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oldgator, Oct 2, 2013.

1. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    arrested in Ky. Link below
    Some things make the incident rather ironic and pertinent to THFSG
    1. Doctor was employed as physician at a correctional facility(aka jail)
    2. Was driving erratically. another driver noticed him in his rear view mirror. And took video of the doctor as the Doctor's car was passing him. Dr fired at the car with the guy doing the video.

my take---
    --not really a gun issue, that doctor was apparently in a wacked state of mind at time of incident. With his being a doctor in a correctional facility he would likely have been identified as having mental issues if the mental issues were ongoing and frequent. Since it is likely that his mental change occurred suddenly(ie--he snapped) there is no way mental screening as part of gun registration would likely have identified a problem. He seems to have snapped, and if he did not have a gun there is high likelihood he would have used his car as a weapon.
    --not likely to be incarcerated for any time in the facility in which he worked since incident occurred in another state. Chances are the inmates in the facility he worked are having a chuckle

I'm a lib. and I see this incident as being minimally pertinent to the gun laws debate. Pertinence being that screening for mental issues could only address existing mental conditions and not incidents when a person suddenly snaps. One thing that this incident hopefully leads to is greater frequency of screening of people involved in law enforcement to assess whether or not pressures of the job are putting them near the 'snapping point'.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...lleged-extreme-road-rage-incident-in-kentucky
  2. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +239 / 72 / -15
    Generally speaking, the less desirable jobs tend to get the physicians who are having issues or otherwise unemployable.
  3. llm85

llm85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +525 / 2 / -0
    I grew up about 20 miles from Corydon, Indiana. I can tell you, though, that if he was on I-75 he was no where near his home or work.
  4. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499 / 8 / -2
    I agree old.