1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Importing pics/vids from iPhone to flash drive problem...

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by gatorr4life, Jul 15, 2013.

1. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,391
    Going to try and explain my problem, but I'm not very tech savy so bare with me.

So I plugged in my 64gb toshiba flash drive into the laptop. I then plugged in the iPhone as well. I directed the data to be imported straight to the flash drive. All went well, at first. But when I opened the drive, the pics would only temporarily show (in the small scale) and then they would (best description I can give) -- looked like each pic was painted over. You could see maybe 1/4 of the image, the rest looked like they were colored over, literally. Very, very strange. I've never seen this before.

To make matters worse, after I tried it again, the drive would say it had no files on it. Even though I clearly just uploaded 7gigs worth onto it. So I then tried it again. The remaining tries all resulted in this prompt:

"Couldn't display *****JPG because a suitable graphics importer could not be found"

After reading this, I thought maybe I should open the drive/pics with a different media player. First was the default player (QuickTime- yes, its updated) Then I tried whatever comes with the laptop... Windows media player, I think it is. No dice...

So I gave up and downloaded all 7gigs straight to the laptop (no flash drive) and they open up just fine. Could there be a compatibility issue with this drive. I've used it before to store pics, and it worked. My old lady told me the last time I did this, I had the same problem. It was a while ago, so I don't remember. She said I had to download a different player, and that did the trick. It doesn't make any sense though. I'm importing images from an iPhone, and opening with QuickTime. Those two go together. What am I missing here?
  2. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,391
  3. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless

Ratings Received:
    +215
    Are the files names XXX.JPG, XXX is some text? The key issue is that the last 4 characters are .JPG.
    What sort of laptop are you using and what operating system does it use?