IMO Florida has the talent to win a National Championship in the next two years

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Aug 21, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,520
    Last year before the season I repeatedly said I expect UF to be in every game with a chance to win. Even after the BG game when everybody was panicking I held firm to my thoughts on the team. I expected the D to be great and the offense to struggle, but do just enough to compete. It is my belief that these next two years UF has a good chance to win a national championship.

The 2013 Gator defense should be the best in the nation. The one area that worries me is LB’s in coverage, but going to Dime on some passing downs should help. The pass rush should be outstanding with Easley Powell Bullard and Fowler. And yet again UF should have the best secondary in the nation.

On offense I am confident in the Oline RB (If Matt Jones is back) and QB position. A lot of people worry about Jeff’s progression, but I was impressed with where he was when I went back and looked at the tape. I expect him to continue to progress.

The one question mark on offense is the WR core. TBH it really boils down to one player IMO. Is Demarcus Robinson ready to be a number 1 WR in the SEC by October 12th? He can be the number two or even three guy early in the season but by October 12th he needs to be ready to take over football games.
    The team has the ability to win the National Championship this year.

In 2014 UF should have the best team in the nation.

Defense – UF should expect to lose Purifoy Roberson Watkins Easley & Jacobs Powell. While that seems like a lot of talent there will be very capable replacements in VH3, Poole, Washington, Bostwick Brantley and McMillan or Rolin. UF returns Fowler & Bullard and both starting safeties. I again expect this to be the best unit in the country.

2014 is where those people that have been crying about the offense not scoring points shut their mouth and jump on board.
    QB- you will have a multiyear starter in Jeff Driskel, who will be on the best QB’s in the nation and

WR- The outside WR’s of Demarcus Robinson, Quinton Dunbar, Ahman Fulwood and Ermon Lane are going to give teams all kinds of trouble. The staff will need to find players to replace Solomon Patton and Trey Burton on the inside which might be harder than most think. Between Cook Bailey Pittman Thompson we should be able to find enough production at those positions, especially since the outside WR’s are going to be so productive.

OL- A veteran center and guard will need to be replace, but UF will have plenty of experience players inside to fill the void. Watch out for Cameron Dillard too. I thought he was a much better player out of high school than most were giving him credit for.
    On other note UGA Bama and LSU will all be breaking in new QB’s.

The biggest wild card for both years is the kicking game. Austin Hardin needs to step up
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,919
    One area you forgot was the schedule.
    Brutal THIS year and troublesome next.

In 2014, we would have to beat both Bama and the poodles.
    Not sure I see Driskel outworking the Bama D away from home.
  3. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,520
    I dont worry about schedule like others do. If your team is that good they will find a way to win football games as long as there are not hard games back to back. We are going to be better than both Bama and UGA so I expect us to win the games. Jeff is fine and it is a team game
  4. xenythx

xenythx Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +367
    This year will need an extra special effort because we play some tough road games.

Next year will be our year depending on how many guys we get to come back on defense.
  5. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,009
    I second ThePlayer's schedule issue. Other than that 2014 looks really good.... But let's not get ahead of ourselves until we see if we have any semblance of an offense (or playmakers for that matter) in 2013....
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,520
    team went 11-1 in the regular season with the offense we saw last year
  7. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,406
    Takes some luck, and health and the right team chemistry, but I agree completely.

I think we have a team that can win the championship this year, and will have another one next year.

We'll be in the mix.
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,919
    ...and laid an egg in New Orleans the size of the Superdome against a team we were favored by 14 points.
  9. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    But we still went 11-1 with one of the worse passing attacks I've ever seen! They simply did not show up and got embarrassed in the sugar bowl.
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,520
    dont know what the sugar bowl has to do with this discussion but if you want to harp on that ok I guess but dont really think it fits the thread
  11. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,919
    I really pray I'm wrong, Gatorbait.
    But it feels like our QB is just killing time before his baseball career starts.
    And I'm counting down the moment until Will Grier takes over the reigns.
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,520
    You do realize a Driskel his Sr year is going to be better than Grier is redshirt freshmen year? You are basically not expecting UF to compete for titles until 2016
  13. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,406
    You seem like the kind of guy who would look into the eyes of this beauty below, and all you could see is someone who recently took a dump, or is about to take a dump. There's a lot of good stuff out there when you don't search for the negative in things.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,919
    I see no flaws in her game.
    Does she even poop?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    Yeah, good god she is smoking.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +800
    I do worry about our interior against the run, our dt's have to pan out, really wish we got jaren in...
  17. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,406
    We should have some time to shake things out... probably not until LSU before we really get tested there.
  18. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    True, and if you told me we would have a Top 35 Offense this year and next I'd lay money down on us winning at least 1 title, but until we see it on the field its hard to believe, last years formula wasn't sustainable, eventually the breaks catch up to you- no offense or defense is perfect and turnovers almost always regress to the mean both positively and negatively.
  19. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Not so much this year though I think we will be very good.

Just look at what we will have coming back in 2014 though....Humphries, Garcia, Moore, Green, Trenton Brown on the OL, Driskel, Dunbar, Robinson at WR, Jones, Taylor, Lane at Tailback.

On Defense Fowler and Bullard will be Juniors, Hargreaves will be a sophomore. Morrison will be a Junior, Bostwick and Brantley will be veterans, Orr will be a Senior, all those Freshman Linebackers this year will be Sophomores with experience etc.

I think we have an excellent shot at an MNC in 2014.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +800
    It will take luck, we had a bunch of it last year.. Defensive tackle, that's the ticket. We need a few guys to have taken big steps