Immigration Bill could break US into ‘two Countries’

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by DarthG8RV3, Jun 24, 2013.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    Slightly off-topic, but the last time I looked it wasn't the Democrats who tired to mandate invasive medical testing.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,038
    That is off topic, but there are some dumb old school GOP jerks too.
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    A separate Hispanic nation? I don't think so. Some factoids from a Pew survey:
    Potential takers? Not as much as the average American
    Different language?
    link
  4. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Why doesn't mexico try to help their poor people? oh that's because they can hope that the country above them can take them in and feed them so they only have to worry about the rich
    • Like Like x 1
  5. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Where is the "crises" in this whole immigration issue that needs this radical fix? This is just hyperbole to get people on board with this so called "fix". It happens on so many issues, that are practically non issues, and the fix usually just makes matters worse. As someone above said, just enforce the laws on the books. Now we get something like 45,000 border agents, bigger government, more taxes, more bureaucracy to handle the processing. The ones here illegally don't deserve any special consideration. They need to be treated like the lawbreakers that they are.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,038
    Have you been to border towns in the southwest lately?
  7. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Why aren't we talking about making businesses that hire them pay for their welfare? I wish we were a wealthy country, but like Obama said, we are broke. I can't believe the government is allowing/forcing this on the backs of Americans. Our government has become disgraceful.

I might have mentioned earlier most won't likely become citizens anyway. This is a long way from a solution. But nonetheless, it is going to be extremely burdensome on this nation, another unfunded money pit.
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    Hispanic immigrants are going to destroy the US the way that the Irish did in the mid-19th Century.
    [​IMG]
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +174
    Or the Italians
    [​IMG]
  10. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +509
    Well, the Irish and Italians sure screwed up Massachusetts, so I agree with your point.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,026
    I didn't know Italy and Ireland bordered the USA. Who knew?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,140
    To address the Buchanan quote:

I'm Hispanic. I speak English, Spanish, & a bit of French. There are other people that speak those languages here. I am Catholic. Last I checked, Catholics weren't only Hispanic. Groups celebrate culture all the time - African-Americans, Germans, Italians, Russians, and yes, Hispanics. But we are all American.

All immigrants of ANY group need to learn English if they're going to live here. But just because some of us choose to be bilingual or multilingual doesn't mean we want a separate nation.
  13. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Well it's not like we had 11 million of them here illegally and like your said about sharing a boarder. if it's passed how are they going to tell who's been here or who of the multi millions that will pour over the boarder in the coming days when it's passed?
  14. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +430
    Hate to say we kind of created this in hindsight after stealing or capturing - however you see it a good part of the southwest during the mexican-american war.

Aside from that -they are here and to stay - might as well treat them as we are treated.

I say seal the borders for a time period and use our troops who are fighting in BS wars back in the USA and then get some shit straight and go from there.
  15. KelticGator

KelticGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +293
    We know the more racist elements of the Republican Party are going to be firmly against any idea of immigration reform. But this is all grandstanding. From what I have read the reform has the support of a lot of the religious organizations and businesses that see a benefit.

Of course the party could retrench and fail to pass the bill but this would only lead to a lot of angry donors and the eventual fracture of the party. Not to mention it could permanently stigmatize the GOP as anti-hispanic. Which is ironic since hispanic culture is more conservative than the caucasion majority yet the GOP has not been able to tap into this resource yet. The hispanic population could be key to revitalizing the party or making it irrelevant for the rest of this century.

This should be interesting.
  16. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    I'm not anti Hispanic, I'm anti allowing 11million people to just get citizenship because they're here illegally. I'm against allowing those who have no rights to get rights and a large amount getting food stamps, and more government hand outs. We're already having too many people on the government boob allowing millions more isn't the answer.

Well that is unless we want those who want to think they're peter pan and steal from those who work to give what they make to those who dont. It's the easiest way to turn red states blue....
  17. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    Actually, some 30% of Mexico's able boddied labor force is here.

The UN released a study several years ago finding that the Mex./Am. illegal immigration situation was devestating to Mexico's economy. The current situation, where all the workers come to US...then send all this money back to Mex--serves to discourage anyone in Mexico from seeking employment there, or from working harder/better there.

They just follow suit, come here, and send money back to their loved ones--and are duly appreciated and respected by their recipient family members...who convey this appreciation/respect to the younger members of their respective families and neighborhoods...so that those yougun's follow suit...to the US.

So yes, actually, the humane thing to do--for Mexico--would be to shut down the border.

...but then we'd lose our precious cheapa$$ labor here, and have to pay more for everything from tomatoes, oranges, and strawberries, to meat, and milk, hotels and restaurants. :dog:
  18. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +509

Who said they bordered the US? That is one of more moronic posts I've read in a long time.

If you ever open a history book, you might find out that Massachusetts had large numbers of both Irish and Italian immigrants. Facts-they are a wonderful thing. Try learning some.
  19. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,779
    Just remind me, were Irish and Italian immigrants really invited to avoid learning the lingua franca (i.e. English), to show up in something better than total indigence, unable to take care of themselves, or generally avoid assimilating into the culture altogether?

Yeah, no. So until we are as demanding of today's waves of human flesh across the Mexican border as we were on Ellis Island, just stow any notion we should be as welcoming.
  20. theorangebluewinagain

theorangebluewinagain Guest Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +458
    We need a revolution in this country. I think we get one triggered by the economic mess we are in. I think it will be an ugly for us as a nation for a few years but much needed to end this profligacy.