I'm not into polling but interested in find out this bit of tid

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Oct 11, 2013.

?

Do you ride and where do you fall in the political spectrum??

1. No, don't ride

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Yes - leftie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - middle of the roadie

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Yes - rightie

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +367
    Do you ride a motorcycle? If you do ... do you consider your self a righting, leftie, or middle of the roadie?
  2. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    No, don't ride. My 3 brothers do, but I'm very anti-motorcycle. I would NEVER ride one. It's not if you get injured, it's when. But I certainly don't mind if others do, as long as it doesn't get into my wallet.
  3. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,055
    All you're going to find out is the political leaning of the people who ride motorcycles AND post, or at least read, the Too Hot forum on Gator Country.
  4. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +546
    HA! 100% correct. I laid my first bike down about an hour after I bought it. And I'd ridden dirt bikes for years. I also had about a 3 MPH "wreck" at Myrtle Beach when the super drunk hottie I just picked up was swinging all about (I was only, say, 75% drunk.) She got mad. Which made room for the even hotter hottie I picked up about a mile later.

Good times.

But I suspect the OP means more like the Harley/cruiser types. I've only had rice burners (apologies for the quasi-racist connotations, but I really only mean the Japanese bikes and don't consider it insulting.) And I sold my last one a couple of years back. I'm way too old and reckless to not kill myself these days.

One more story: one of my previous coworkers, who is about my age, was jonesing for a bike. He'd never even ridden dirt bikes as a kid. So I said if you're dying for it go for it, but just be prepared for pain and perhaps even worse...so he buys a pretty sweet used Triumph and rolls into the parking lot at work and BAM! Lays it down turning a modest corner at the edge of the lot on the day he was "unveiling" it to all of us. That was a couple of years back and he still has it, but I'm pretty sure it's out of pride and not reason now.
  5. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,811
    I'd love to ride a motorcycle, but I'm a speed demon and I'd just end up killing myself. So I stay away for my own (and others) safety.
  6. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +698
    I owned a motorcycle for a good while and am mostly libertarian. Guess I like that feeling of freedom blowing thru my hair :)
  7. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +367
    Well, I did not specify but I meant street bikes .... and that would be any bike. Presently, I own own 3 (Heritage softail, Honda Fury, BMW R100RT) but have ridden quite a few different types of bikes over the years - most recently an '08 Bonneville that I really regret selling. I'm also working with a nephew who's just opened a used bike dealership and customizing shop. He has eight bikes in stock ranging from a '72 CB 350 cafe racer to a 19?? "ASPT" BMW/DNEPR sidecar rig.

It's not so much "what you ride but how you ride it". Motorcycling can be dangerous and isn't for everyone. Interesting that so far there have been no riders from "the left".