Illinois Offers Artavis Scott 5-10 175 WR 4 star (East Lake HS, FL)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator996, May 9, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    http://writingillini.com/2013/05/09/florida-football-recruiting-illinois-offers-artavis-scott/

Illinois Offers Artavis Scott

The teams that Scott is heavily interested in are Florida, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and South Florida.

Out of those eight teams, many seem to think that Michigan is at the head of the pack.

The 247 Sports Crystal Ball currently has the Wolverines as a 100% predicted spot to land the 2014 recruit.

As a junior in 2012, Scott recorded 995 receiving yards on 64 receptions and ten receiving touchdowns. He also recorded 122 rushing yards on thirteen attempts and one rushing touchdown.

The four-star recruit is currently ranked 12th in the state of Florida, 15th among wide receivers, and 115th among 2014 high school recruits by 247Sports.
  2. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Artavis Scott enjoys trips to Michigan, Florida

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/4/22/4254608/artavis-scott-florida-michigan-east-lake

[​IMG]

Artavis Scott is one of the top recruits in Florida. The consensus four-star out of Tampa (Fla.) East Lake High School is an excellent slot receiver prospect with great speed, quickness and strength.

I caught up with Scott at the IMG 7-on-7 Southeast Championships. Scott's team had just lost, and he wasn't in a talkative mood. But he did offer an update on his recruitment.

"Playing 7-on-7 helps me a lot.
    Going against these boys makes me work on my game even harder."

Scott now sits at 26 offers, his latest being Oregon. He'll likely visit the Ducks this summer when he is in town for Nike's The Opening 2013.

Scott recently visited the Michigan Wolverines. It was his third trip to see the Wolverines, and his teammate, Mason Cole, is committed to Michigan. He enjoyed the experience and was able to take in all of Michigan's tradition. Plus, Scott hung out with the players and got a better feel for the program.

He also visited Florida for the Gators' spring game. Florida's spring game was essentially a situtional practice due to a number of injuries, but Scott said that he enjoyed his time there and has a good idea about the Gators' program.

"With Florida, it's just Florida. There ain't nothing much you can say more about it, it's Florida," he said.

While he didn't want to name any favorites, it's clear that Michigan and the Gators are both high on his list