I'll get killed for this....3 reasons JF needs to extend Will's contract:

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Oct 29, 2013.

1. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +494
    Meyer left us a top class and would have brought in more top classes
    if he had stayed.

The gap was in replacing the staff which is common in recruiting. Then
    you subtract those that leave due to the change.

Now we have to wait on the natural timeline to get back to full
    strength.
  2. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,281
    Depends. If you consider losing control of your star QB and having him leave early, a good offensive plan....then sure.
    ...and we have no idea what our record will be this season yet.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  3. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,281
    Dude, this is the first and only thread of its kind....and.... In case your not paying attention....Im a huge supporter of Will.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  4. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Outside of the defense...what has Muschamp shown that gives him an unlimited timetable? The offense is putrid again. Three years running. Special teams are awful. All I have to go on is the product on the field. Are we getting better? Is the coaching improving? Is it? Definitely NOT on offense. Is was a bad idea to hire someone without head coaching experience to coach for the first time in the SEC. It was a bad idea in 2002 and it was still a bad idea in 2011.

It is time to stop blaming everyone and everything BUT the staff. They are the problem. Leave the kids alone already.
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,551
    In case you haven't been paying attention, there's plenty of blame being lobbied at the staff at various points. A lot of it valid. The reality is the blame here is to be shared. There have been coaching SNAFUs, injuries galore and poor execution.

You seem to be the one who wishes to place all blame on one sector of the game.
  6. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Because these are just kids. The coaches are recruiting them and supposed to put them in position to succeed and win games. There's no way you can tell me this has been done consistently since Muschamp has been hired.
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,551
    What does this mean? Are you of the pat them on the head when they screw up and throw a party for them when they don't persuasion? Look, we're following a game played by "kids." We're emotionally invested. If you're interested in dissecting why a game was lost, insulating them because they're "just kids" is pretty stupid.

Dude, this isn't NCAA 2013. There's shared responsibility - the coaches are allotted X amount of time with the students. That's half the game. The other half is the player's dedication, focus and raw talent.

Consistently? No. I never argued it has. Nor have we had consistent execution in-games. Add in injuries and the whole formula is out of whack.
  8. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Sure if one kid here and there is not pulling his weight then that's one thing. But when you have an entire unit like the OL that is playing poorly, or handfuls of players that can't see the field because they can't block or pass protect or learn the playbook or whatever, or several star freshmen on offense and not one of them can make any more than a blip on the radar to help a desperate offense because they're all "not ready" in their development, or an entire team that plays undisciplined and commits penalty after penalty then its not just a player issue anymore. Its a coaching issue. They can't all be bad players. Its a bad excuse. And even if somehow we've managed to assemble the worst cast of offensive players in the history of football, well who's fault is that?

It just doesn't matter anymore. The results are the results. It's the coach's job to bring in the staff and players who can get the job done. If that's not happening it's on him.
  9. Bedlam

Bedlam Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    I don't think Jimbo is a good example. I must be missing the crappy seasons.

This is his 4th year.

10-4
    9-4
    12-2
    7-0 and counting

Blobby ran that program into the ground and by year 3, there was huge improvement.
  10. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Ha ha. Good one. You messed up but didn't want to admit it so you came up with some convoluted reason for such an insane post. Funny, but typical around these parts where most people equate being wrong with being a child molester. :grin:
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,850
    Four losses on an ACC schedule is like six or seven on our schedule.

Giving credit where its due, the Noles look damned good this year.
  12. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,557

4th year as Head Coach. I would bet he had significant input into the direction of the team in his "in waiting" years, including recruiting.

I would say he has 7 fully invested years in that program, to produce results.

In an ACC schedule.
  13. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    I believe all the Gators are over 18 which makes them young "men." They're not "kids."
  14. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    NCAA 2013? Is that a video game? I don't play video games. I consider it a waste of time. I read at least a book a week. This seems to be a common occurrence within the "wolfpack" to call posters with whom you disagree. You make some video game analogy for some reason. It is quite amusing how many similar traits you all have. It is like you are all using the same broken playbook. Quite funny. Thank you.
  15. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,557
    Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. There's a man with a gun over there, tell'in me, I got to beware.

Time we stop hey, what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' round . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY
  16. Bedlam

Bedlam Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    You make a fair point. I don't think Jimbo is some savoir and fantastic coach. I just thought that the comparison of Muschamp to Jimbo made no sense and there weren't "countless crappy seasons" as described earlier.
  17. ofmgator

ofmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +145
    It took the Va Tech coach several years to win and when he did he kept winning because he was given time. WM needs to be here for at least another two years. If by then we fial to see player improvement there may have to be a change...but not now.
  18. LostReptile

LostReptile New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    because meyer left the program in shambles, young will should get 2-3 more years to get a full roster of his own players and a couple of better coaches
  19. 93KSig

93KSig Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    The injuries are incredible and I don't know if they aren't possibly record setting. Really, if you told ga or fsu they could take 8 players off uf before the game, it would likely be the 8 missing.

The plus is next year the depth and experience will be there. Just have to keep it together and the future looks bright.
  20. seanymac

seanymac New Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    This thread is incredible. There are ZERO signs that our HC is turning this around. His 2.5 year record is bad. And it is about to get worse. He hasn't been able to crack the Top 104 in offense in three years.

I take it back, give him a lifetime contract. /end sarcasm