If you had 15 minutes...

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by kkg8r, Mar 29, 2013.

1. kkg8r

kkg8r Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +322
    I have been traveling a ton and have a lot more travel coming up. Travel = eating out a lot more. Hence, I think I need to add in some gym time to my yoga routine. However, i really don't want to spend a lot of time in the gym. Im thinking of weight training. So if you had only 15 minutes, what would you do? I'm shooting for 2-3 times a week.
  2. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    3 times preferably. High rep, supersets. Which doing multiple workouts at once. Like say you do squats after on set you go do a curling exercise, and after that go to a shoulder exercise. Keep it going, and keep mixing it up for muscle confusion. Fast paced workouts are awesome to get in and get out as fast as you can. A lot of people like to sit there and just dick around, but if your traveling this will be great to burn calories fast at that time, and also keep them burning throughout the day. I would also say somehow try to figure out how to incorporate a nice light jog at the end of your workout, just my opinion...
  3. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,094
    Like I told someone we both know, an upper-body pushing movement, an upper-body pulling movement and a squatting movement. Work through them circuit-style until fifteen minutes has elapsed. No need to turn it into a cardio session though, the circuits are only a time-saving strategy.

Start with a weight that allows 8-10 reps. Keep going, circuit-style, until you've amassed 25 reps per exercise. Add five reps, per week, until you're getting 50 reps per exercise. Take a week off, you deserve it!

This is the ultimate low-pressure template. If you feel lousy one day, and have trouble squeaking out more than 5-6 reps the first set, no worries, just keep going until you amass your total rep quota.

It's all about increasing workload in the limited time you have.
  5. brainstorm

brainstorm VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,002
    Turkish Get Up (preferably a kettlebell)
    Dumbell swings (preferably a kettlebell)
    Dumbell Lunges
    Planks

Circuit through them.
  6. kkg8r

kkg8r Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +322
    Thanks all. Just got back from yoga. May try to squeeze in a 15er before sushi tonight!
  7. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,094
    Here's a pretty cool website. Gives you a daily twenty-minute workout. Different workout every day and tailored to different levels of strength and conditioning:

http://fitness-solution.blogspot.com