1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

If I were King!!

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by aerogator70, Mar 26, 2014.

1. aerogator70

aerogator70 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    I don't care for the lack of sportsmanship in most all sports. I believe it is definitely degrading football and based on what I saw last night in the Florida vs Florida State game, if is degrading baseball also. If I were King, my new rule in baseball would be:

If any team has a player or players rush the field, that team automatically loses the game no matter what the score. In the instance where both teams rush the field, the contest is ruled a draw with no winner.
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +835
    I get your point....but baseball has decades of tradition and this is part of that. Really harmless, lots of puffing out the chest and yelling. Much ado about nothing to me
  3. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver Member

Ratings Received:
    +33
    Unfortunately that wouldn't work for the 10,000 fans who paid to watch the game.

It's a pretty rare occurrence in college baseball and when it does happen it is pretty much just a stare down/ standoff.

I have no problem with Powers' reaction and no problem with his being suspended for a game. That's baseball.
  4. aerogator70

aerogator70 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    Yea. I guess the fans would get a little upset when the umpires called the game with my plan. The fans would then rush the field and beat up the umps. I will come up with an amended rule. LOL
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,855
    That's what you would do with your newly found kingship? I must be a simpler man. I would just enforce the rule of law, so that, say, a man could not walk around freely as an uninvestigated and unprosecuted rapist just because he was an important athlete in a "football town."