I would love a media person with kahonas to ask

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORDONE, Nov 4, 2013.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    Didn't Burton score a 60+ yard TD against Tennessee last year out of the wildcat (or was it a sweep)? Just curious. I'm not in favor of the wildcat and we all know how terrible UT's defense was last year.
  2. GottaJabboo

GottaJabboo New Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    What exactly did Bill IS King say. I missed it.
  3. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +921
    I am glad Burton is graduating so we don't have to see the wildcat again...but knowing these coaches they will probably have another player run it.
  4. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Cook or Alvin Bailey it needs to be in the playbook
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I would like to see some Wild cat and some option/zone read the next two weeks bouth Vandy and USC have had problems with it
  6. SECund2nun

Ratings Received:
    +921
    As a rare play yes. Cook and Bailey would be much better at it then Trey though. Trey is kinda slow....not sure why we run it with him. We even have him return kicks.....sometimes you wonder where the common sense is. We might as well play him at CB.

Speaking of Cook I heard he is wavering because he is not sure if WM will keep his job throughout his stay at UF. Not true if there's any substance to that.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Trey returned some Punts when he is back there on kick off it is really to help block. Kick off return is blocking really well of late.

Did you hear he is wavering or because Muschamp might not be on the team for 3 or 4 years or did you make it up?
  8. SECund2nun

Ratings Received:
    +921
    If only our OL could block as well as the KR team lol

I heard that he is talking with fsu a lot, he is worried that WM won't be his coach for long if he comes here, and that he could switch. Hopefully they are wrong, but it does make a lot of sense. WM is really on the hot seat, the media is talking about it, and FSU is "hot" (even though Jimbo is not elite). I really hope we beat them this season.
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    what would you classify as a lot? He did go on a official there recently. There is always a chance he could switch but dont you want Muschamp gone anyways? Dont you want the media to talk about him and for him to be on the hot seat?
  10. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +61
    Yes, Cook would only come to UF if WM is still head coach (sarcasm). UF has nothing to offer a college football player. (sarcasm)
    It's every offensive recruits dream to play in a +100 offense in the country, 3 years and counting.
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Coaches establish relationships with players for years. Recruiting is about relationship more than anything else. It matter who that particular player has the best relationship with it could be a coach a parent a girlfriend etc . The staff has been recruiting Cook for two years. Those people leaving will definitely have an impact on a kid. Other schools have also been recruiting Cook for years and would have a leg up on a new staff.
  12. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7

I also heard that if pease left then he would def look at his options. I guess from what I heard is that the one person pease actually answers his phone for is our top recruit we need in this class
    Besides Grier. :sigh the one postive I do see is that he already took his ov to fsucks and still has more to take. I'm hoping champ keeps him for aure
  13. IH8REFS

IH8REFS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Instead we get that clown that asks a dumb question every week. "Why do you always defer?"
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,055
    Not really.
  15. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +61
    Relationships isjust one factor. I don't know and neither do you, what is the most important factor for a player to come here. Depth chart, scheme, educational opportunity, school town vs. big city, WINNING, all come into play as much as relationship with many kids. Face it, the coaches are salesmen. Some are con men, some are father figures, etc. I think most recruits know they are a commodity to a coach and view the "relationship" for what it is.
  16. danky1313

danky1313 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +39
    If anything why the heck not try Showers, Patton or even KT instead of Burton if you're gonna keep running and fail miserably 98% of the time. It's absolutely dumbfounding and Zook/Addazzio-esque.
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Everything comes into play but I believe relationships are a huge factor. Playing time is also a huge factor for Cook. I dont think Cook really cares about some of those other things you have mentioned from following his recruitment.