I.T. director fired from Angela Corey's office

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Speedofsand, Jul 13, 2013.

1. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    She was qualified to "fly the plane" when he selected her. He had no reason to know she was going to intentionally "fly the plane" into the courthouse making a mockery of innocent until proven guilty.
  2. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Jag, I thought Shorstein declined to run again, but then he campaigned heavily and very publicly for her opponent, Jay Plotkin.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,202
    You are correct. I know Shorstein and Corey have been fighting for some time now and it was 2006 when Shorstein fired her and afterwards 2 years later, Shorstein decided to retire and support Jay Plotkin as you said. There is bad blood between them and there was a lot of negative campaign going on. Now that you reminded me, it was the evening of her election that Shorstein was asked to leave at her campaign headquarters because the two of them had been verbally exchanging negative comments about each other during the campaign. Shorstein said he was there to congratulate her but he was not wanted and was asked to leave. :grin:

I think Jay Plotkin was using clips and comments by Shorstein in his ads of things about Corey that really got her upset. Shorstein tried to warn the voters about Corey but voters wanted change and she won the election with nearly 65% of the vote.

Maybe some of us should have listened to Harry Shorstein, although we needed new blood just not her. I don't know much about Jay Plotkin but could he be any worse than her?

Watch this...

http://justice4juveniles.com/index.php?topic=514.0
  4. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    As I mentioned in another thread, our governor caved in to political pressure and bypassed the sitting State's Attorney for Volusia County (Norman Wolfinger) because he had to find a prosecutor who was politically reliable (Corey) and could be counted on to file the highest possible charges to satisfy the race rabble. Governor Scott also bypassed a sitting grand jury which should have tried the evidence and decided if a crime had taken place. Scott couldn't take the chance that a grand jury wouldn't bring charges against GZ so he appointed Corey. Scott has lost my vote for reelection because he has convinced me that he is a political opportunist and not a man of principle.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,202

I don't disagree. However, with respect to Gov Scott, the alternative will most likely be flip flop candidate Charlie Crist all over again...No thank you!
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Where is the governor in all this crap? She should be fired!
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Exactly! We are stuck with the (slightly) lesser of two evils.
  8. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Hopefully we will have a realistic primary challenger against Scott.
  9. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +352
    State attorneys are independent constitutional officers. They do not report to the governor, only the public.
  10. etennant

etennant Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    Are you serious? Our president has scandal after scandal and gets blindly defended while offering little to no improvement in our economy. On top of that many here praise him.

Our Governor has measurably overseen improvements in our state economy and has not been involved in any major scandals since taking office. Yet despite that he is the corrupt one?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. leogator

leogator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Grand juries is a way to pass the buck for SAO. Either you have enough evidence to charge or you don't.
  12. leogator

leogator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Ha, ha! Next thing you're going to tell me is that the judicial nominating committees are independent and not stacked with right wingers. Whose only function is to make sure that only people of the right ideology go through and damn the qualifications.

SA are political animals that are totally sensitive to the political winds. I have seen case after case with scant evidence brought in front of a jury that should have never been brought to trial only because it is a politically sensitive case. There are still some competent defense attorneys or otherwise there will be a lot more wrongly convicted people. And there are still some juries that do their job or there will be a lot more wrongly convicted people.
  13. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    I wonder of Zimmerman has a civil case against Corey and Scott/State.

Corey for withholding evidence and Scott for forcing a charge for racial reasons when normal procedures wouldn't have produced a charge.
  14. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,709
    I doubt it. Any remedy with them is in the professional sphere. Zimmerman's interests in a civil action are against the media but specifically NBC.
  15. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +922
    I do hope O'Mara et. al. Pursue the prosecutorial misconduct that was present throughout the case. None of that professional courtesy crap...
  16. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +352
    Thank you for your opinion-laden, agenda-driven response to my factual statement. I was responding to the poster who implied that the Florida state attorney system is akin to the federal system, where there is one chief unitary executive and all over members of the executive branch report to and are ultimately responsible to that chief executive, who has full ability to fire them at his whim, ie. United States Attorneys are within the Department of Justice, headed by the Attorney General, all of whom can be fired by the President. I was indicating that Florida's system is different than that unitary executive and that, as independent constitutional officers, State Attorneys cannot be "fired" by the Governor at his whim. Rather, the Governor has very limited authority to remove a State Attorney from office.

Dispite your disdain in asserting it, being "totally sensitive to the political winds" only supports what I said, which was that State Attorneys are directly responsible to the people of their circuit, not the Govenor in Florida.
  17. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    after bungling the zimmerman case, when will the state attorney be fired?
  18. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,083
    Then why have one to begin with. What would be the purpose of having Grand Juries?
  19. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    I caught several news broadcast this morning.
    Already the talking heads (noted criminal law lawyers) are already saying that politics forced this case beyond the grand jury. Did it deserve a second look by the state of Florida? Sure it is called due diligence. However the state of Florida was pressured by public opinion whipped up by the likes of Jackson and Sharpton and some noted liberals thus they caved.

What is a real shame is that since that tragic night a year and a half ago hundreds of you African American men were shot (wounded and fatally) by other African Americans (and whites too). Since then the eye was taken off the ball and attention and resources were diverted from attempting to prevent these shootings and from delivering justice to the shooters.
  20. leogator

leogator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Very true, they are their own political animals. But political animals they are.