I like UF over UK at all five positions again this year

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by InstiGATOR1, Jul 6, 2014.

1. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +462
    You know Osiris, when you look at the way Frazier started, and where he stood by this past season, his development was really quite phenomenal. Not that he started in a bad place, but he improved all aspects of his game, not merely one or two or three or four.
  2. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +873
    Yes, and he's going to be a lot more vocal this season. That's a big part of what he's working on with Teddy, being a leader and a coach on the floor as an upperclassman. He's a smart kid who understands the game. He'll be a big asset in that respect.
  3. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,132
    Folks, I really think we are deep enough, mature enough, and talented enough to win the SEC and make another deep run in the NCAA's. Last year we were short on talent but made it up with heaps of experience and saavy. This year, I really think we will have a fair amount of both.

Hill will be a beast. His season last year was interrupted more than once by substantial injuries. Unless the kid was asleep all season, he will have gained an extraordinary amount of experience and it will serve him well this year. Obviously same can be said for the UK kids. I think it is a push.

Walker will be a beast. He is as athletic as any player in college basketball. He will be a difficult matchup for anybody especially if he is running the floor with his buddy Hill.

Frazier is as good a SG as there is. Teams will scheme to keep him under control in order to have a chance of beating the Gators. Thank you UConn.

DFS will be the leader of this team. People tend to forget how important he was to our squad. Things going south? Put in DFS. Yes his shot stopped falling, but he did everything else really well. If he squares away his shooting he wull be as good as any forward in college basketball.

Don't sleep on Horford. 5th year senior. Major program. Good stats. He will suprise those not familiar. If he can maintain his stats while extending his minutes, he is a bonifide all-SEC type player. Don't laugh.

And then there are the newbies.Not to mention Graham, Carter and Murphy. Tons upon tons of options.
  4. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Seriously? It is hard for me to understand why anyone would be so confused at to type those words. Throw in a name that indicates they are UF fan not say a UK sour grapes fan and I am doubly confused.
  5. Osiris_DPM

Osiris_DPM Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +873
    I think he meant "this year's NBA lottery pick favorites" instead of talent

We certainly weren't short on talent. We had the SEC 6th man of the year, the SEC POY, the UF single season 3-point record setter, a few burger boys, and some future NBA talent. One of the starters will be a long time NBA player. Not including those that will be high draft picks later.

I think he means next year, several of the starters will have the potential to play in the NBA, and a couple may be able to leave early after next season and be high draft picks (not including those that will be high draft picks later).