I just cant get that 6-pack going

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by GatorAvatar, Aug 15, 2013.

1. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +786
    You and I suffer from the same vice. I'll pound the hell out if beer on Saturday.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,879
  3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,090
    I drink all week, but drink the most on Saturdays.
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,090
    That's what made the difference for me. I used to drink soft drinks almost daily and it McD's two or three times a week. I can't remember the last time I ate fast food or drank a soda. Even the snacks I have in the house are whole grain, flax or something like that. I also eat a lot of nuts. I make a point of eating fruit about an hour before a meal which makes me less prone to overeat. Berries are the best. They actually expand in your stomach and make you feel like you're full. Along with my three main meals, I'll eat a couple of celery sticks or chop up a head of romaine and eat it with just a little bit of low calorie dressing. With those habits and my workout routine, I lost 35 pounds and have maintained it for over three years.
  5. slmdLS1

slmdLS1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    I might try another cycle of Anavar, but considered Clen. I only show abs when I carb cycle, maybe a day or two out of the week.
  6. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +356
    Clen is not a steroid, its more of a thermogenic. Still don't think you need it but to each their own.
  7. ChristelinAUS

ChristelinAUS New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Besides exercises, an appropriate nutrition will make about 80% of your results. It's probably not just cutting back on junk and processed foods but also taking into account adjusting your portion sizes accordingly to your body weight, age, activity level, etc.
  8. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +858
    Short-term weight loss really works! ;)
  9. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +281
    I'm 511 190 and a few years younger. Today a friend...suggested I go to a Halloween party as Christian grey... sans shirt.

Biggest thing for me is consistent workouts. I don't miss, even if it is 15 mins. And a la dreamliner.. skipping breakfast for the most part. I workout in the morning so will eat some good carbs before and some protein after though.

I drink as much as anyone and the only way to deal with it is to conserve calories elsewhere IMO. I just don't eat that much. Half portions at lunch (they give you too damn much anyway), no sodas. No crap snacks.
  10. kalaniocc

kalaniocc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +785
    Yep, don't eat so much and be consistent with your workouts. I don't do crossfit but I entertained a crossfitter buddy of mine and we did rounds of 225lbs x 15 deadlifts followed by 15 pushups for 12 minutes. Kicked my ass. Cardio and weightlifting all at once!
  11. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    I had great success with IF or intermittent fasting as lean gains suggest. I combined that with a Primal\Paleo eating plan. You just simply and first need to drop grains(even whole grains), legumes, most dairy and all processed foods and white sugar. These are foods ahead of our evolutional machinery and some of them in the case of people with Celiacs can be life threatening. Wheat triggers an inflammatory response which cascades inot a myriad of health problems. We have been told for 50 years now low-fat, eat 5 servings of whole grains, drink diet drinks and do chronic cardio 5 times a weak. We have gotten fatter, more diabetic and more sick than ever. Obesity and most type 2 diabetes...related to the BAD food you put in your body. I was skeptical but did strictly Paleo and in 2 months my IBS cleared up, my mood elevated through the roof, mental acuity sharp as a tack, my joint pain gone, the fat melted off of me to the tune of 1.5 lbs per week and had the sex drive and energy of freaking Godzilla. There is something to eating in a way we can fully express our genetic potential. I suggest Mark Sisson's, Primal Diet or Cordain's Paleo Diet as first reads, also tons of podcats on the Paleo lifestyle. Many Crossfit boxes and martial arts studios now promote Paleo living. I just cannot see eating a SAD(Standard American Diet) diet and overtraining to the point of adrenal failure as a good thing to get to the elusive 6-pack. I had a six pack at 21, when I was UF, but my genetics were as such that I could bombard my body with 3 night a week binge drinking, pizza, Crispy Cremes and 4 hours of sleep a night and my fat cells were not programmed to retain adipose. At 47 now, I have to be real careful, my body is as forgiving as my ex wife. There is no magic workout that can overcome a bad diet, none.