I just cant get that 6-pack going

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by GatorAvatar, Aug 15, 2013.

1. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    There is a guy in just about every gym I have ever been to. I know at least 2 currently. I mostly train women so I dont get asked about it too much but I have had male clients ask.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,641
    Really? Can you mention them here? Decca is testosterone/steroid, right?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,641
    Look-up Clenbuterol. You can buy it on the 'net.
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    This is silly. I lean down to a six pack at the beginning of every summer (which is March in Florida) and by about football season start eating normally again. In the interim I have a six pack (although for me it's more a four pack due to having some crummy lower ab genetics).

Deca (one C) is a steroid, one of the lowest side effect AAS available.

HGH has a number of side effects including acromegaly, increase in the size of some organs (like the heart, which is obviously very bad) and issues with GH production down the road.
  5. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,096
    you make my point. You're fanatical and you don't keep yours year round.
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Your point was that almost nobody has them and they're lying if they say they do.

That's silly. You're in your mid-50s, it's pretty damned hard to get there at that point, but people in their early 30s down can do it without much struggle.
  7. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +786
    I'm very ignorant on this. My buddy has close to the same workout routine and eating habits as I do. He started sometime around the beginning of the year going to some clinic and getting testosterone injections. Seems to have toned him up a bit more and he's much stronger than me at this point. How much do you guys know about this?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    More testosterone means better recovery and more muscle. Basically, imagine feeling like you are twenty again. These clinics basically look at your numbers say they are low no matter whether they are normal for your age or not then put you on replacement therapy to get you to the level you were at in your early twenties.
  9. JohnC1908

Ratings Received:
    +786
    So you find this safe? Would you ever do this?
  10. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    I wouldn't right now and I recommend against it whenever asked. I mean there may come a time when you legitimately need hormone replacement therapy but in your 30s just to get in shape doesn't seem like the right reasoning to me. That said if you do your own research and find its right for you and your situation then go for it. I know people who have done it and seen great results I just worry about long term effects.
  11. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,119
    Isn't testoterone one of those things that if you start taking it in your 30 when you most likely don't really need it, your body stops producing as much naturally and when you stop taking it you're really at a deficiency?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    I dont think there have been any long term studies to confirm this but that would be my fear. And why I wouldnt do it now.
  13. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    It is called down regulation and it is the reason why people cycle steroids. However, if you are taking it under a doctor's care the dosage is not likely to be significant enough to cause an issue. It is also temporary.
  14. kalaniocc

kalaniocc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +858
    This
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JohnC1908

Ratings Received:
    +786
    Alright, I'm 35 and abs will show just a bit at times. Pretty sure my weekend boozing is preventing the sixer. I'll stay away from the test for now. I in no way want to damage my body or especially my junk. My buddy told me the only side effect he's noticed is he's become a two pump chump.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Yes Decca is a steroid, and you take it with testosterone, and a PCT (Post Cycle Treatment, AKA no man boobs).

The side effects for HGH from personal knowledge are worse. Sleepless nights, bad sweating, body aches, shoulders, knees, feet, and hands always are numb, hurt, or tingling.

I would literally wake up, in the middle of the night with excruciating pains in my arms, and legs to the point where I could not fall back asleep, and would be up at 2 in the morning till I went to work at 6, after falling asleep at 10-11 at night. Just not worth it, and with minimal results. You just get them quicker with Decca.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kalaniocc

kalaniocc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +858
    See no reason to use steroids unless you are gunning for a mr. olympia title- but I guess it's a personal choice.

I bust my ass in the gym without that stuff and I'm happy with the results.
  18. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Don't give up yet. Cleaning eating means staying away from processed foods, fast foods, sugary snacks and drinks, your diet should be composed mostly of fruits and vegetables, chicken and fish. You also need to do cardio to get rid of the fat. Don't compare yourself with anyone else because everyone is different, and responds differently to exercise. Finally, everyone has a six pack but it's hidden by body fat, and in order for you to have a visible six pack you need to get your body fat percentage down to a minimum of 10%. That's assuming you're a young person. Older people need to have a higher percentage of body fat for health reasons.
  19. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    Just wanted to share this so you know you can't compare yourself to your buddy. There was a study on doses of testosterone and the effects it had on fat free mass.

In the study it showed that the group who took testosterone and did not exercise gained 3.2kg of fat free mass. Meanwhile the training group that did not take testosterone gained 1.9kg fat free mass. If you include training on top of testosterone you see a gain of 6.1kg of fat free mass. So, not trying to encourage you to do this in any way, just saying it is very effective and your buddy is probably seeing a lot of positives.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101#t=articleTop
  20. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Don't know if I'd characterize my abs as "a six pack," but they're right on the verge. I'm 55, 185, lift hard three times a week with some focus on abs, two more days of cardio and three hours a week at the dojo. Don't know what my body composition is, but my waist is about 32.5 now. I'm obsessive how many calories I take in and how much I burn (use MyFitnessPal) but drink way too much beer. I compensate by doing 50 minute cardio sessions the day after I drink more than three or four beers. I also cut out carbs for a day or two. That's probably not the best advice, but that's where I am right now. I'm astounded that I can drink this much and maintain the shape I have now.