I am so ashamed

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by CRIMDEFgator, Nov 5, 2013.

1. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +993
    Thank you
  2. Welshgator

Welshgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +215
    The jump off the ledge threads have been solid gold the last couple of days. Very entertaining , thanks.
  3. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    So much fail here...

Graves and Pell built modern Florida football. SOS build a palace onto the foundation.

He wasn't here in 1984.

He did nothing of the sort.

All coaches are mercenaries, even Spurrier, but while they are here, they are Gators.

Sure it is. 12 starters lost before the season started, plus several KEY injuries to our best players all over the field. Spurrier and Meyer would not win with this team right now. How hard is it for otherwise intelligent people to understand that teams that are as crushed with attrition and injuries as Florida has been will not win?

He is the Florida head coach, and grew up in Gainesville. Bob Woodruff and doug Dickey were both Gators and they did everything they could to have us hammered in the mid-1980s. Loyalty, like gratitude, is a disease of dogs, according to Stalin.

He may be, but I doubt you know that.

He was pretty good last year. Oh, I forgot, it was luck...

Actually, yes. A head coach shouldn't be canned for trying to win with a depleted hospital ward.

Who you got in mind? Saban? Stoops? And whomever comes in, they better win to YOUR satisfaction right away, or THEY will be thrown under the bus as well. Bring in the next guy! And the next! And the next!

Stupid comment, frankly. Directional schools are not in the top five in recruiting, revenue, or a host of other benefits Florida has.

We are in a slump. As slumps go, it is nowhere near as bad as the slumps of some other schools that have FAR more prestige than Florida. You have two degrees from Florida, but cry like a toddler that can't get their toy?!?

I say again: NO coach would have a strong season with the train wreck of attrition and injuries Florida has this year. Not St. Nick. Not Saint Ball Coach. Not the Urban Legend. Not Big Game Bob. Not even the miracle worker, Bill Snyder.

NO ONE!!

Get a damned grip!!!:devil:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. nwflgator_58

nwflgator_58 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    I've been a fan for 50 years. 1979 was embarrassing. This is not anything like that. Next year when we are winning the close games, you will be OK. Don't jump just yet.
  5. InagaddavidaGator

InagaddavidaGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +54
    If you started as a fan when SOS got here, then you have definitely not been here "through thick and thin."
  6. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,034
    Octavious Gould
  7. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    I remember 1979 as well, but back then, there wasn't the hysteria we have heard since 2002, and we went 0-10-1 in 1979.

Could you imagine what the uproar would be if Pell had that team today? He would need armed guards to protect himself and Ward.
  8. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    Indeed. For such fans, going 8-4 in the regular season was akin to destroying the program as the Romans did to Carthage. I told him it has been FAR worse and could be worse than this, but what are you going to tell a spoiled kid that wanted a Ferrari and was mad because his dad bought him a lowly Porsche 911?
  9. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Muschamp deserves 4 years to put together a winner. Canning coaches too quickly is just as damaging as letting them stay too long. I don't like what I see on the field this year, but I don't see how earning the reputation for firing coaches before they get a chance to succeed helps us. Why would coaches want to come to UF if they don't get a fair shot to succeed? UF is a high pressure job already, with thousands of spoiled, entitled fans. People need to chill out, shut their yaps, and see how 2014 plays out. If we can't get it done next year, then Muschamp will be gone.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,527
    And now Tyler Moore broke his elbow in a scooter accident and is out for the year. Smh, but like these doom and gloom posters say: injuries are not a viable reason to not win. This is the university of Florida, we should be winning regardless if it middle schoolers or members of the aarp on our line.
  11. clt_gator

clt_gator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    "Injuries are part of the game."
  12. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,358
    They are...to a degree. when you are depleted after losing 12+ starters, however, you lost a lot of experienced talent and depth. Couple that with key injuries to our best returning players, and you have a perfect storm, and an utter nightmare.

Can't blame the coachig staff for that. No coach would be a MNC contender with Florida right now.

No one.
  13. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    OP is way more embarrassing than this season has been.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +691
    Cutting off donations is a sure fire way to get the program back in the right direction. God damn there are some serious fair weather pussified gator fans. Give your degrees back if your vag hurts that bad.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +981
    It really isn't that big a deal. I've never been a worse person during and following a bad season nor a better person during/following. I've just either felt worse, or better. It's still JUST football.
  16. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    If you began your Gator football with SOS and followed it up with Meyer (Zook for only three years in between) you have no idea how discouraging Gator football can really be.
  17. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    Which is why getting on a message board and proclaiming how ashamed you are just because your football team is struggling makes you look sad and pathetic.
  18. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,527
    Lmao! Hahahaha
  19. Skittlebrau

Skittlebrau Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    As long as you're only behind them when they're on top...
  20. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    The OP was about the saddest thing I have read in a while.

They used to say that some men (I am making an assumption about the poster's gender) defined themselves by the size of their dicks. Now, apparently some sports fans define themselves by the fortunes of teams whose success or lack there of they cannot not affect. Or maybe it is just transference. Hey, man; you can't control either situation, so quit whining about it.

A personal observation. My daughter lost her home, and a large percentage of her possessions, in a mud & rock slide three years ago. Insurance defined it as a flood; she did not have flood insurance. She cried and complained less--at least when anyone was looking--than the wimps on Gator Country.

Aside from the psychological aspects, most grown up, rational folks will understand that sometimes circumstances create havoc; and it usually takes a measure of time, patience, sweat, and occasional tears to recover from havoc.
    • Like Like x 1