How Will Defenses now scheme v. UF, and how will UF's offense change...

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by HotlantaGator, Sep 24, 2013.

1. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Oh yeah. I think a little bit of that will go a long way for this offense too. This team could become very dangerous if we continue to get that kind of play from the qb position. I think Murphy could have a great year.
  2. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +793
    I am glad we are playing uk and arky giving TM more time to prepare for the really big games. It also gives the coaches time to develop a game plan around what TM does best.

I'm not sure defenses have to adjust all that differently because we haven't done a lot of mid or long passes. Most teams focus on stopping or limiting our running game and forcing us into long third downs. I think TM won't force things that aren't there. However, if we do get behind and our O is stymied then I can see where TM may force some throws.

We cannot afford to get behind against really good teams. I also think BP is mixing things up more in order to keep defenses off balance. I do hope TM will be able to hit mid level passes but so far he's exceeded most of our expectations.
  3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +955
    I've had the same theory, for this season anyway. The brace on the left leg had to have hindered his running and his passing. That his the leg he's supposed to plant when he throws. That injury could have in fact led to the season ending injury to his right ankle. I'm excited about Murphy's performance, but I don't think it's the good news everyone thinks it is. I don't think Murphy has the arm strength. Hopefully some of his other strengths will compensate. His pocket awareness is a definite improvement to Jeff at this stage in his development, but I don't think defenses will change much. Tennessee may be the only defense that gets caught off guard. It's not that hard to contain a guy like Murphy, unless our receivers get a lot better.
  4. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +115
    Murphy does not have me worried. In relief he was better than what Driskell had done, certainly this year. I thought his passes looked like our old QB and current asst coach. Crisp accurate spirals. He reminds me of one of our smaller spread backs running, got some shifty moves and a decent arm. He can toss on the run and is bigger than you think. Turnovers and mental blunders are what scare me. Jones needs to sit a out a few games and regroup. Go Gators.
  5. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Tyler is listed as 6'2". That's bigger than a lot of QB's that have gone on to the pros and had great careers. Think Russell Wilson, Seahawks. Excited that Tyler is getting a chance and hope he makes the best of it for the team, which he is all about. Go Gators!
  6. 4everaGator

4everaGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I think this sets up really nicely with our schedule. Clearly Tyler is very poised (comfortable). Other teams won't have much film to go on, the coaches can develop a few wrinkles each week to keep our scheme fresh, he is obviously a quick learner and doesn't require as many reps as some other QBs to be able to execute. This might be a time where we actually do hold back part of the playbook (at least next week against Kentucky), something Gators often hoped in recent years when our offense lacked fire power in the early going.
  7. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319