1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

How were we not prepared for Miami's hurry up offense

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by UFGator05, Sep 13, 2013.

1. TheRaid

TheRaid VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +775
    Then you have not been around UF v. Miami much in the last 30 years. It is our tradition to find a way to lose to Miami and we should have won most of those games.
  2. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +727
    This really surprises me, you seem pretty positive most the time. I didn't know you went into games expecting us to lose. Sad.
  3. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,230
    I think what happened is that we faced an unusually weak Toledo team and struggled with them in the first game. The players came out of that game telling themselves that they just played a top-20 team, and assumed they could keep up with a better team with the same effort. If we had played a top-20 team in the opener, our players would have been better-prepared for Miami. (Although, we would probably have had our a$$e$ handed to us in the opener.)
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,438
    I missread your post. I thought you were referring to losing in general, not just to Miami. If thats your point, I can accept that a bit more. If you meant in general...than no way.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.