How to quit your job

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by ThePlayer, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,427
  2. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Nice way to say I quit.
    Reminds me of a summer job I was "auditioning" for between high school and college. Actually I had gone to one of those personnel agencies, Snelling and Snelling or one of those types. The employment counselor had said that a construction company that they worked with was looking for a summer employee/s, but wanted me to see if I was up to the task. I was, believe me. I'd worked several construction jobs before, and it was right up my alley at that time. But, they wanted me to take my lawnmower over to the guy's house and see what I was "made of." I thought that was a little weird, but ok, I'd give it a shot. I put my parent's mower in my car and went to a home in Winter Park, where I met with the owner's wife. I wish I could say something nice about her, anything, but, no, I can't. The yard was huge, but again, that wasn't really going to be a problem, I wanted the job.. She stayed on the porch, watching every detail of the yard mowing, as I pushed the mower in the middle of the summer in about a foot tall grass, about every 5 mins or so she'd come out and bitch about something and I could see where this thing was heading. I was going to end up doing their lawn for free, and they'd tell Snelling I wasn't up to their standards. So about halfway through the foot tall grass in their huge front yard, after one of her instructional talks, I cut off the mower, began putting it in my car, and she was in my ear the whole time, "what are you doing, you cant quit now, wait till I tell them at the agency what you did" etc. Needless to say I didn't get the job, and their lawn looked pretty ragged. I'm thankful I didn't get hired by that crew.
  3. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,078
    lol, nice video.