How the GOP became the “White Man’s Party”

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chompalot, Dec 22, 2013.

1. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +785
    Of course, Reagan was not perfect. He did not have much of an energy policy, his dealings with middle eastern countries were not that great, he did not do much for Latin America. But he did restore America's confidence in itself, rebuild the military, and helped defeat the Soviets.
  2. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,454
    The king stuff is just stupid

And like it or not, Reagan never presented a balanced budget to Congress and signed the big-spending budgets.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  3. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +785
    Maybe. But it does capture the level of arrogance that our last two presidents have had. Don't you agree? Or would you like to ride in the back of the bus?
  4. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,454
    yeah, that's pretty much it. And the reason employment is generally better under Democratic presidents isn't because of anything they did, it's what the last Republican president did. But when the economy improved under Reagan, then it was all him, not his predecessor.
  5. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,454
    i think it's just the usual complaining from the usual suspects. you didn't hear Republicans complaining that Bush acted like a king. But the minute Obama took office and did anything (OMG, he issued an executive order! No president has ever done that before ..!) the BS began.
  6. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,810
    you libs amuse me- you cannot admit your boy is a died in the wool soclialist

you can say whatever you want about Reagan-he is no longer our Prez-but your boy is and he is hell bent on destroying this country- I find myself having to ask God on a daily basis to forgive me for my thoughts on prezBO
  7. dangolegators

dangolegators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +536
    It's interesting to look at the numbers. Obama issued fewer executive orders in his first term than any president in the last 60 years. With the hysterics of the cons, you would think that he had by far the most.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php
  8. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,810
    I would never say he had the most-just the most damaging-plus his executive orders concerning obamacare are a breach of the Constitution
  9. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +657
    Perhaps it would be efficacious to work on not having the sort of thoughts that need to be forgiven? When you have negative thoughts coming into your mind you could instead remember the words of I Timothy 2:1-2 ...
    Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

Then intercede accordingly.
  10. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,810
    impossible for me where prezBO is concerned lacuna
  11. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +657
    Luke 1:37. For those who are duly surrendered and allow it. If not, what does that mean for your Christian commitment, Bill?

The rich man asked Jesus what he must do to have eternal life. Jesus told him to sell all he had and give the proceeds to the poor. The man could not do that. He was unable to surrender what was dear to him. Is your hate for Obama stronger and more dear to you than your love for Jesus?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +657
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/cheryls...tally-strong-people-the-13-things-they-avoid/

4. Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control. Mentally strong people don’t complain (much) about bad traffic, lost luggage, or especially about other people, as they recognize that all of these factors are generally beyond their control. In a bad situation, they recognize that the one thing they can always control is their own response and attitude, and they use these attributes well.
  13. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,047
    I'll restate this once again. I don't believe hate and God can co-share our heart. For me it is necessary to be constantly vigilant of my own thought processes and how much I entertain those that can do me, as well as others, harm.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. egator1245

egator1245 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +173
    So, you're saying that Jimmy Carter was responsible for the improved economy?
  15. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +657
    Ever vigilant. Like the servants who were allotted a certain number of talents (faith) before their master went on a long journey. They were free to invest their allotment as they wished. Some invested more wisely than others and their return on investment was greater. Our attitude and intercession is investment in our profession of faith. If we don't follow the practices that were established and encouraged by Jesus - what then is our profession worth?

We reap what we sow.
  16. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,810
    my cross to bear lacuna
  17. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,047

How can my dislike, hatred, or whatever you call it change one whit what someone else does or the wrongs I perceive based on my judgement of them. That I am going to feel those things in certain situations is a given. I cannot control every thought or emotion that comes into being within my life. However I do have some say-so in whether I constantly entertain them in my head. Using discernment of people I don't want to associate with is one thing. Allowing their actions to control my thoughts is another. Which, by the way, is one of the points in the thread you posted earlier.

I'm posting this because I need to hear it as much as it is directed at what you or others may do. Not meant negatively toward what you said or you as a person.
  18. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +7,810
    Hall- it does not consume me in any way- but I do have to remind myself daily of my commitments to a Christ filled life and I also have to remind myself that other than voting there is little I can do to stop what obama does-it was easier when I was working
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,047
    The unfortunate part is I don't think there is much any of us common working folks can do to change what transpires in Washington or on Wall Street. It seems to me business as usual is the order of the day amongst the elite.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,454
    Yeah, we go thru this on a regular basis. Resident conservative brings up Reagan on a thread. But that tends to fall apart when it's pointed out how unconservative Reagan was on so many issues, particularly spending. Then someone like Bill comes along and complains that liberals keep bringing up Reagan.