How many guys do we sign?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by broncogators, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +609
    Who did we not develop?
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +896
    I think it's more about numbers than players who did not, or have not, developed.

If I'm counting correctly we are playing 3 RS SRs on OL from our 2009 class. I believe we have 2 OL on roster from our 2010 and 2011 classes. Our 2012 class had two transfers and 3 overall decent(my opinion) HS prospects that probably aren't "ready" next year but should be, if they stay, by the 2014 season.

Also, if I'm counting correctly, we have 13 total players left on roster from our 2011 and 2012 classes. That's just not enough, and some of those players left are not likely to ever develop into "SEC" players. I'm not sure why that is, and with that in mind, why we can only sign 20ish this class. But all taken together it looks like our players are not developing when the reality is we probably don't have enough players to develop at OL/TE/WR. We are anything but deep at RB as well. If Taylor went down who would we have left? Our problems are probably just as much rooted in sheer numbers as players not being developed. Although, I do admit I'm stunned sometimes to watch our OL play and wonder who is coaching that.

This class needs 4 OL/2TE/4WR/2RB. 5OL/3RB would be fantastic. It probably needs two QBs as well, but that's not going to happen.
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,089
    Patience is a virtue :) say hello to Deandre Goolsby
  4. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,089
    So by your own admission Reed was developed by muschamp. His first Reed was pretending to be a QB under Meyer and moonlighted as a TE when Meyer was rotating through 3 different Qbs. 2 full seasons with muschamp and Reed is leaving early to the NFL after being made the focal point of our offense. Not sure where this champ can't develop players. You just said reed WAS a QB, but under champ he made a successful position change got drafted and currently leads all rookies in receptions. Nah he can't develop. HIS recruits are still currently developing since they are young. But fowler bullard, roberson, purifoy, morrison, vh3 are all developing fine. Kelvin taylor, ahmad fulwood, Adam lane, these guys are currently developing. Just be patient
  5. ufgator4ever

ufgator4ever Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +182
    MyakkaGator has a salient point. We are 4-5, after a loss to Vandy at home.
    Sure there are injuries, but where are the developed backups after 3 years?

The better question is who has this staff developed? And how have they performed?
  6. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +471
    I'm sorry, your points are beyond ignorant; it warrants a response. Lost in all of your big, pretentious words is a lack of evidence to support any of your claims. You say that they have failed miserably to develop the talent they have recruited. Who specifically do you speak of?

Several year three (and four) players were turned into draft picks last April. Floyd, Elam, and Easley (before he blew his knee out) were all developed by a combination of Muschamp and his staff into elite players. Bostic took his game to a whole different level. What about the job Bryant Young and Dan Quinn did with guys like Jaye Howard and Omar Hunter? How did the staff fail with either of them? How did they fail with Gilly or Rainey or Demps or Jordan Reed? Didn't they all sign pro contracts? Sure, you can argue that Muschamp only had Demps and Rainey for a season, but what did his staff do that would constitute as "failing miserably"?

You can't determine whether or not Muschamp has failed to develop the talent he's brought in; it hasn't been on campus long enough for you to boast that that's the case. Roughly half of his "three-year" players are no longer here. But look at the defensive backs (Roberson, Purifoy and Gorman) still on campus from that class. Roberson and Purifoy will be NFL cornerbacks. Gorman has played solid football. Showers is a guy who was buried on the depth chart, and the staff has tried to carve out a role for him on the other side of the ball. Have they hurt him? Hunter Joyer has been worked into the offense about as much as you can work a guy like him into any attack. Clay Burton is a marginal talent, who wouldn't catch passes in any offense in America.

A lot of people knew Driskel was pretty raw mechanically coming to Gainesville. We also knew he had the ability to hurt teams with his legs and....wow, you guessed it: the staff took advantage of his legs to help win eleven games last season. He was reportedly making progress in his ability to read the defense (pre-snap) and with going through his progressions, but we'll never really know for sure because....HE'S OUT FOR THE YEAR. How has the staff failed with Jeff? He did pretty well last season, no? Didn't we win...11 games?

Stop patronizing others who aren't a part of the Muschamp hate machine. Your arguments are beat. They're uninformed, and nobody wants to hear that crap. If you want to argue that this staff has missed out on a half a dozen prospects or so who could've changed the product on the field, I'll listen; but don't feed us a load of crap.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,089
    I couldn't have said it any better my self my friend. Thank you.
  8. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    Hope 10 of the class are OL and the the rest are TE, WR and RB