How many games do we lose this year?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Sep 7, 2013.

1. dohcvtecpower

dohcvtecpower Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    He needs to at least go 8-4 with beating uga and FSU anything less than that he will be on the hot seat heading into next season. He knows that. His face showed that in the presser. I don't care what you think about him and bringing in talent. As soon as you lose the fan base and start costing the university money you are on the fast track to being out the door.
  2. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +422
    This team is no different than last year's team. If we continue this TO margin, then we go 7-5 or even 6-6. We could have gone 7-5 last year but our TO margin was the 7th best in the country. Our defense saved the offense many times. So far the defense hasn't made the TOs that the offense makes.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,279
    If he goes 7-5 he has to be on the hot seat same with 8-4. You just dont fire him if he has that kind of record this year.
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,273
    Worst case scenario we lose 4 games. Best case we win out.
  5. orangebluegator

orangebluegator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    We seem to play down to the level of our competition. We will either have a random, 5 TO game, or get bogged down on offense against a low tier FBS team. Then we will have games were we have no business winning, but our Defense keeps us in, and our Offense just does enough not to screw it up.

The thought of losing to FSU's frosh QB makes me sick, but he looks miles better than Driskel. For Muschamp's sake, he better not have 3 losses to UGA. I never even hinted at a hot seat for our coach, but 3 losses to UGA will make the seat warm.
  6. dohcvtecpower

dohcvtecpower Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    True. That's what I'm saying. If those records actually happen and he starts slow the next year, I can guarantee he will be a mid-season fire. Are you not the least bit nervous about the deer in headlights look he had during the post-game press conference?
  7. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    There's nothing worse than an early season loss. It gets the fan base chippy, the media pulls out the knives and the proverbial noise begins.

I made the observation last year that TAMU was a must win, because Will had to stop the noise before it began. You saw the results that win contributed to, giving the team confidence and shutting everyone up who was complaining about the Bowling Green performance.

Now, he has the benefit of last season to fall back on to a degree but that will only last for so long. They need to sort out this problem with their QB and get him back to playing the way he did before last year's Poodle game.
  8. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    We go 8-4, Foley gets a new coach- it would put Boom's record pretty much in line with Zook's and prove that last year was a massive fluke like most of the non-gator experts said it was.
  9. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +118
  10. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +838
    Historically, since 1992, Florida had an average record of 8-4 (not counting bowl games) when they lose 12 or more starters in a given year. I figures we would go 9-3, but the Miami game was a tossup. Now 8-4 seems more likely.

1992: 8-4
    1999: 9-3
    2002: 8-4
    2003: 8-4
    2004: 7-4
    2007: 9-3
    2010: 7-5
    2011: 6-6

Average: 7.8 - 4.2
  11. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +455
    If this team goes 8-4 , which i think is a worst case , WM is back for another year, not sure about all the offensive coaches tho.
  12. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Think we go 10-2 at best and 8-4 at worst.

Really depends on the improvement we make in the next two weeks!

Offense was vastly better than last year in areas today and worse in others. Defense is solid and with playing time will only improve!

Hopefully the staff starts playing some of the younger offensive players, I don't think they evaluate playing ability as well as some other teams. We need to get them involved so we don't have our starting running back starting with only 300 yards of career history, the only time that should happen is when you are forced to start a freshman due to injury!

Players don't develop any skills on the bench!

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!
  13. Gatormom11

Gatormom11 Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    7-5 with possible additional loss -Vandy 6-6. Sorry I cant be more optimistic but I watched the game...