How Many Are In Favor Of Airstrikes Against Syria

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Aug 27, 2013.

1. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    How many people on this board are in favor of Airstrikes against Syria? IF we could limit it airstrikes only I say go for it but just cannot believe it would stop there
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,882
    Not sure who the bad guys are in this case or who will benefit.
    However, chemical weapons just made this "must-move" affair.
    Seems like a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't kinda deal.

But look for a bombing of Syria over Labor Day while you're enjoying your vacay. :wave:
  3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,988
    At this point, targeted airstrikes at the delivery systems for the chemical weapons would be what I would support.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,198
    Not unless it is a joint UN venture and even then I am concerned that would be all that would come out of it. I also want Congressional approval if we do so.
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,736
    I saw earlier that 60% of Americans oppose any military intervention.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +659
    I'm on the fence somewhat---but more pissed that our Fraud in Chief drew his line and now puts us in a very awkward position. If we don't--we look weak(which he IS)....if we do go forth with some action, I tend to think it would either be a very weak response or something which could quickly escalate into something much, MUCH bigger bringing in outside countries and really throw this into a major chitstorm.

Personally, I don't really feel we have any business there but once again--Hussein opens his amateur mouth and we are going to have to pick a 'lesser of two evils'....if there is such an option here.
  7. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    Both sides are bad and wasting money on two terrorists isn't going to end well at all. Let these idiots kill one another by themselves and let us stay over here
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288
    If Obama calls for bombings he may get another Nobel Peace Prize.

I am hoping we stay out of Syria.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,459
    The issue that I have read about at least, is that targeting areas that are important to the physical delivery of chemical weapons carries the risk of causing a dispersal of chemical agents that may be worse than the gas attack we would be responding to. One of the suggested "likely targets" was the command bases for the Syrian military units with primary responsibility for the chemical weapons program to avoid that risk.
  10. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +213
    I know if I worked in an aspirin factory in Syria I would be verrrrrrry nervous about now. It might be a good weekend to call in sick. :)

If I thought our war hero Obama (remember HE got Bin Laden per some of his supporters) had any clue who to shoot at I would say fire away. But I really doubt he possesses such knowledge.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. co_gator89

co_gator89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +385
    I'm against any form of intervention in Syria. Just let it burn.
  12. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,164
    This is my feeling exactly. And further I want specified, limited objectives, such as destruction of the known WMD facilities only. Otherwise, it will morph into destroying the Syrian air force and integrated air defense system. It will then grow into attacking Syrian armored vehicles and artillery. After that, what is our objective? Because it will keep expanding until it's regime change. Then we have to worry about who to support and what to do if another faction that we are not supporting overthrows Assad. Do we then support further regime change?
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,874
    How many American's opposed intervention in Europe while the furnaces were fed?

rain death from above, target everything Assad, him and his lynch man brother, target everything AQ, make it obvious that if you are with AQ you will be targeted, if you are with the moderates that want to live in peace you will be supported, support the good people on both sides and negotiate a truce between them while denying the former pair a seat at the table. set up a UN peacekeeping force when the dust settles. Russia is not going to support UN security resolution to use force.
  14. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    America has committed enough murderous terrorist attacks over the past years that have killed countless innocent people. If Fox and CNN stopped being corporate propaganda machines and showed the countless innocent children that US drone attacks have caused world wide you would change your mind.

Enough is enough. The war monger terrorist republicans like Romney, McCain, Bush and the war monger terrorist Dems like Obama, Clinton, Gore, and Kerry have killed enough innocent people.

Obama is a war monger and no different than Bush and Clinton. He is a war criminal and should be locked up.

ALL ENEMIES.....domestic or foreign.

On a side note- America does not give a damn about justice. They just care about corporate exploitation. America supports the Uganda president Yoweri Museveni, who has put over 2 million people in concentration camps and has killed over a million innocent people in a brutal genocide.

Any president that allows foreign corporate exploitation of people and resources....America: "We good".

Any president that denies foreign corporate exploitation of people and resources...America" "Bad guy"
    • Like Like x 1
  15. baygator1

baygator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,601
    I really feel the same way.

But, if we must, let's equally rain down hell from above on both Assad and AQ....effectively helping both sides at the same time, and helping ourselves in the process. Win-Win-Win
  16. 99gator

99gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,372
    only if we use nukes.

it's been 68 years. that's way too long. a weapon unused is a useless weapon.

let 'em fly, baby. let 'em fly.

in fact, just do the whole middle east. i want that desert to be radioactive for at least 100 to 200 years.
  17. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,736
    If any atrocity is cause for the U.S. to lead in war, we've missed a whole bunch in between Hitler and Syria.
  18. GT Gator

GT Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +185
    I don't believe for a second that Assad's forces used chemical weapons. They had absolutely nothing to gain by using them.

On the other hand, the Al Qaeda faction of the rebels have absolutely everything to gain by using chemicals on a bunch of hapless villagers. They can dupe their mortal enemies (NATO) into doing all their dirty work against Assad's forces. Win-win-win for Al Qaeda.

No way in hell should we be involved. Stay at home. Don't put any Americans at risk. Don't spend millions on a bunch of expensive cruise missiles and smart bombs. Don't p!ss off Chinese and Russians. Most of all, don't empower Al Qaeda even further.
  19. GT Gator

GT Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +185
    Seriously, who in the world is going to be upset with the USA if we stand on the sidelines on this one (other than some poor, hapless Syrian villagers)?
  20. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +632
    Of course we should. The MIC must be fed. We've got plenty of extra money we can afford to spend. Our track record in the middle east is spotless. This is a no brainer!