How I Met Your Mother...

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by ArtVandelay, Oct 3, 2013.

1. FrankGator627

FrankGator627 VIP Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,997
    I think they just want everyone to believe she died or is dying. The writers are notorious for red herrings.

In the end, Ted will finally get his happily ever after.
  2. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    One thing I give them credit for is having a good mix of comedy and emotional storylines. I am sure I will get choked up...
  3. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Well I must say it was a pretty damn good finale...emotional highs and lows...and the little twist at the end that kind of brought everything full circle...I loved this show and it will be missed....9 years is a great run
  4. FrankGator627

Ratings Received:
    +1,997
    Agreed. It really brought the show full circle. I didn't really like the way the story played out for Barney's character but it was ok. I kind of thought they would make Barney's character become president or something. Lol. I just felt like he deserved more than single dad.

The ending was great, though. Of course Ted Mosby didn't just make a phone call. He had to make a grand gesture. It also makes sense from
    The standpoint of who the hell would tell their kids about how much they were in love with Aunt Robin.
  5. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +561
    The last episode was too, well, real. People divorcing, dying, growing old. It left me sad, which is not why I watch sitcoms.

I have other problems with the "circle of life" episode. For example, it did not seem real that Robin-the-globe-trotter would end up all alone living with a pack of dogs. And, the fact that Ted waited years after his kids were born to finally wed his "true love," left me thinking that he never really loved her at all; instead, he continued his pining for Robin. Which is rather pathetic in the grand scheme of things.
  6. slinkygator

slinkygator Moderator Extraordinaire

Ratings Received:
    +1,362
    I can see how after years of globetrotting Robin would settle down and have a pack of dogs as her "kids".

As for Ted winding up with Robin, I find it totally believable. He was always in love with her, even though he loved his wife and would never have left her if she had lived. The Robin/Barney divorce was very realistic; I always felt they would never be in it for the long haul.
  7. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,241
    I was disappointed. The fact that they introduced Tracy just to kill her off off-camera was a major let down. The only point of Ted telling his kids how he met their mother was to get their permission to chase after Robin...again. The fact that Victoria told him that he would never find someone until he got over Robin was tossed out the window with this episode.

Having said that, I enjoyed that Barney met the love of his life, whom he "would give up everything that he had or would ever have" to his newborn daughter.

Other than that, the finale was a letdown.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Yes the Robin and Barney divorce was not surprising...Ted and the mother waiting 7 years to marry, the mother dying and then Ted ending up with Robin definitely was surprising lol
  9. G8RKyle

G8RKyle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    That was the most disappointing to me. I liked Tracy more in one season than I ever liked Robin, hell, I liked her as a character more than I liked Ted. They should have made her getting sick and dying have some more impact. It was just sort of a side note in the episode.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. FrankGator627

Ratings Received:
    +1,997
    The only disappointing part is that it devalued the whole story of how I met your mother into a I told you about this so I could go after Robin again.

Also, it basically turned out just like Definitely, Maybe...
  11. Wuerffel5220

Wuerffel5220 GC Hall of Famer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,988
    I think the reason many, including myself, were dissapointed with the ending is not that she passed away or the cheesy go date Robin ending. But they stretched out this wedding weekend over SO many episodes and then they crammed so much "life" into that single last episode. You don't want to giveaway the next decade of what happens to the characters, but you get invested in them. I didn't really care about Robin and Barney or think they would stay married forever. But to have 10 episodes where they force you to buy in to this marriage, have it, and then the next episode it's over? Now they show time elapse, but in "real time" it's only a week. And those two won't work because they're traveling too much? Barney who has spent the whole series talking about adventures and making things legendary. Robin's now famous enough to be recognized around the world but can't get a desk in NY? Those things weren't the point of the show but they made the whole last season more about their relationship. The problem is they filmed the ending years ago with his kids and were kind of forced into that ending. This show was never supposed to go more than a year or two and the creators have said as much. To me I'd be much more fine with it if they had showed him meeting the mother before the finale. It goes against the title, but no one is upset if he meets her and you still have 3 episodes left to wrap up the characters.