1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

How Hip-Hop Failed Black America

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tim85, Jun 20, 2014.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,896
    I thought Coldplay was already the next U2.
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,896
    Well those those guys stand out no matter what. But I probably couldnt tell the difference between some of the more or less interchangable country acts from the records I inherited from my uncle and my grandfather. Porter Wagoner and Ray Price were good and all, but if I heard them on an oldies station, I probably wouldnt immediately know them. But I bet people who are fans of country music on the radio now, know the differences between Carrie Underwood and a million acts that try to sound like her.
  3. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +242
    Not just bland, but plain boring. When lyrics, not matter how creative, are just recited the only thing that resembles music
    is the instrumental accompaniment which in some cases is pretty good. I guess it could be worse if rap was performed a cappella which in that case it probably wouldn't lasted a month.