How does a difficult 2013 season affect 2014 recruiting?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by robertgator, Oct 23, 2013.

1. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    I think our recruiting will be fine unless the losses continue the next couple of seasons. We were winning championships when a lot of these recruits were really beginning their football careers.
  2. gatordude15

gatordude15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    The thing that worries me most about the losing season possibly affecting us in recruiting is the very real possibility that there could be a huge staff change with an entirely new head coach coming in depending on how this season finishes up.
    I'm not sure how many of these kids are committed to Muschamp and how many are committed to the University.
    Also the uncommitted players that we lead for or are atleast in good shape for would have to make a crazy quick connection with the new head coach. And I am talking about some good uncommitted guys (Adoree Jackson, Lorenzo Carter, David Sharpe, Damien Prince, etc.).
    Now I won't get into an argument about whether or not we should change coaches but IF we do, then I hope the hew HBC can quickly and effectively hit the recruiting trail hard.
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    I don't believe we have numbers and based on some key misses past couple classes not sure how well the staff can recruit, even evaluate.
  4. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,461
    what about the key players they got?
  5. jwaldo

jwaldo New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    What AZ said. I like the corks we got committed to plug in the holes we have now. Just gotta get em on campus and coach em up
  6. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +909
    I don't know what you mean. We do have some good players, most classes do. I just don't know if we'll fill up the OL and then coach them up along with the offense generally. So far there is no indication to me, aside from OL, that this offense is just missing some key players. It's the same old stuff every week. It's missing form and function. Hard to know what they even work on in practice. I admit, I could not coordinate an offense... but I shouldn't be coaching either.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,461
    so you have a problem with the staff recruiting and evaluation Ol prospects? Or do you think we need more weapons and the staff cant recruit those? They have done a pretty darn good job in recruiting the past couple years there were some misses in 2012 at the end. But 2013 was a real strong class and it looks like this class will be strong as well. I can see doubting the coaching but the recruiting and evaluation?

Do you have any names?
  8. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    Coaches are on the talent nationally. My concern is local talent that we want and lose to out of state teams.
    Especially those that consider us the dream school or grew up as fans including the family.
    I Wynn big buddy with D Fowler ops UGa?
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,461
    9 of our 14 commits are from Florida.
  10. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    Should be 9+
  11. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Who... what? Am I missing something?

Our passing offense was 112th last year, 109th this. What are you talking about? If you are a coach you'd better produce soon or you just won't be able to recruit. There are too many other coaches recruiting against you to show your recruits the writing on the wall.

Both, don't you? They are relying on 3 RS SRs from the Meyer era who are not very good, except perhaps Harrison. OL commit numbers aside, I'm wondering if our offensive staff can coach OL. Aren't you?

Without development, play and scheme design it doesn't matter that much anyway. Maybe they can but judging from 2010/2011 and so far 2012 they can neither recruit nor develop. Am I missing something?

Look, they can't even field a FG kicker, and that's shameless for a defensive minded coach. If you want a strong defense and ball control offense you damn well better get your FG kicker(s) ready because you're going to need them. That's 101. And incidentally, I'm sure you didn't notice, but those two missed FGs were the difference in the georgia game.

You know, you minimize things and that is tiring for me. You are reminding me of a salesman that's trying to get me to buy something I see problems with then talking around the problems like they don't matter. I don't hold Coach accountable for the 2010 class, he had just taken over. But by 2012 you'd better not be missing. And I'm not mad at Coach, I'm tired of you pretending like it's not significant. There are no play makers or OL from the 2012 class, save DJ Humphries.

I've already highlighted the lack of OL 2010/2011 and 2012 is no different. What are you talking about anyway?
    Now you're saying a small class is going to be a strong class. Well, maybe, or maybe not. We won't know until Coach Muschamp's 6th year as HC will we?
    They are both so intertwined it is difficult to say what is the problem. But I don't see any evidence we're recruiting play makers, or putting them into position to make big plays. It's one, the other, or both. And exactly what would you excuse as reasonable "doubting the coaches" at this point? I could tell you what I see but they might be things you don't see as important.

Do you have a definitive answer as to why this offense is so damn weak? It has to be some combination of coaching/scheme/players, right?

Do you?

109th pass offense
    73rd rush offense
    103rd score offense

Keep trying to back me in a corner AZ. If you want I'll go ahead and show you what happened with recruiting at Alabama when Saban took over. Yes, the situations are different(saban was a proven winner) but if instant results, always getting a full class, and player development are issues for us it's worth a look.
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,461
    you just said absolutely nothing in that whole post which is amazing for how much you typed. I am not backing you into a corner you just dont have any answer to the questions.

I don't think you understand recruiting. We have seen them have low offensive numbers but still be able to recruit players on offense. So that point is pretty mute.

It just seems like you are angry we are losing games this year and trying to question the recruiting now as part of your frustration when you have really no bases to say anything you cant even name names. I understand football so I understand how long it takes for player to get on the field and up to speed. I am typically right about when they will be ready to play so I am not going to get upset when I dont see a ton of play makers on the field I didnt expect to.

The part at being mad at me is just weird.
  13. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Now you're just full of it.
    What in the world are you talking about?

What in the hell do names have to do with anything? I'm really enjoying this.

Now you're just full of crap. Can you please name our 2010/2011/2012 playmakers, and OL as well? While you're at it, name the players still on the bench and your projection for when they'll be ready... I'm waiting.

I'm not mad at you but you think you know more than everyone else and you don't. You cannot lie about the roster numbers, at least not to me.

Every three or four years we get an "expert" on here and before long they act like they speak for the staff. How many practices have you been to this season?
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,461
    You dont like what I say put me on ignore. I have never said I speak for the staff. So you can keep crying if you want to. People keep asking me to post over here so I will. I dont consider myself or anybody else and expert at this stuff. TRY AGAIN
  15. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +303
    Guys...
    We all sound like a bunch of kids who just got beat up by a bulldog.
    I bet our rivals who read all of this are just loving it....

I understand our offense looks awful.
    There are definitive reasons for that.

It's been hashed over on this board so much that I don't want to even touch that.
    Now... Moore is out....
  16. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +644
    The reality is that we aren't going to take a big class this year. I will consider it an enormous success if we can keep Cook, and sign Prince or another big offensive lineman.

Whatever the case, we are in danger of losing Cook and Lane, and if that happens, the wheels are going to fall off really fast. The danger of these small classes is that if a couple of guys get flipped, we are screwed.
  17. CitRain12

CitRain12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
    Agreed.
  18. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,313
    Originally Posted by*DieAGator
    Look, they can't even field a FG kicker, and that's shameless for a defensive minded coach. If you want a strong defense and ball control offense you damn well better get your FG kicker(s) ready because you're going to need them. That's 101. And incidentally, I'm sure you didn't notice, but those two missed FGs were the difference in the georgia game."

If I'm not mistaken Austin Hardin was the #1 kicker. As was our punter Johnny townsend. Can't do much better the the #1 rating. What's going on in his head and can't makes kicks is beyond me. Maybe champ isn't showing him the right way to kick it. Lmao
  19. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,313
    I think cook is more solid than you may think. In the end we may be able to thank quincy Wilson for keeping the south FLA. Kids on board. Q. Wilson reminds me of Nick Washington cause he is good friends with those guys down south. And continues to recruit as does cook. Q. Wilson is trying to get scarlet (rb '15) and cook is trying to get Trevor darling to give UF consideration.
  20. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    I really get tired of the people that come on this site to whine about everything. Anybody that can sit here and complaining about UF recruiting, which has been top five nationally the past three/four years is just looking for somehing to cry about. Our wr and ol hauls were both top three on paper as a whole. U cant expect these players to just go crazy their first year.