How about this for violation of your constitutional rights?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by SkyChimp, Jul 9, 2013.

1. SkyChimp

SkyChimp VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +229
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    I totally understand knowing about your rights and letting the police know, but there's no reason to start off so adversarial unless you're hoping to get something good on camera.

And that's my opinion of what happened here.
  3. ufbeta

ufbeta VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Yeah, I saw this the other day. People wonder why cops can be a bit over zealous sometimes? If I had to deal with little punks like this all the time, I'd probably overstep every once in awhile as well. No reason to push buttons like that.
  4. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    I abhor drunk driving but I think DUI checkpoints in general are a pretty sketchy situation. I realize they've held up in court for the most part, but I'm uncomfortable with the whole concept.

This whole thing could have been over and done with in about 15 seconds, but the person filming it did not want that. He wanted something he could post on Youtube.
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I'm generally not into cop baiting, but I think the guy who did this performs a valuable service by recording his incident and discussing rights, whether his behavior toward the cop is admirable or not. Interesting bit with the dog.
  6. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,427
    tough situation to put yourself in- the few times I have been pulled over I have always just been very co-operative and respectful-I use my cruise control when driving and do not drink more than 1-s beers and drive( and then it is with my meal) or drive with an open container-got pulled in jawja a couple of years ago-guy asked me what the hurry was-and I said officer I had my cruise set on 78 and was just rolling home- he stopped and said you just admitted to speeding and I said yessir, I had my cruise set on 78 in a 70- I have a Gator blue F-150 decked out in Gator and he and I talked about football for about 5 minutes and then he said it is rare he pulls over someone who is honest about the speed they were driving and that he hopes I have a great day-and then as he walked towards his car he turned back and said-hey-Go Gators!!