Hot seat question (Kiffin vs Richt)

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by palafornia, Sep 2, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,660
    Richt is not going anywhere. You should only fire someone if you know you can find a better replacement and that would be hard to do. They could hire Kirby Smart but tht seems like a big gamble. Jame Franklin would probably kill it at UGA.
  2. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +533
    WRONG! UGA was 0-2 in 2011 and ended 10-4. Last year they were 5-0 before losing to South Carolina and then 11-1 going into the SECCG.
  3. xenythx

xenythx Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +422
    It's not a popular notion around here but Richt is a really good coach. He's just had some unfortunate luck and happened to have to coach in a period where Meyer and Saban were dominating the SEC.
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,697
    I think you have your seasons mixed up. They were 5-0 last season. 1 loss going to Atlanta.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,697
    I agree. He's a good man too...also contrary to popular notion. But he coaches at UGA, so we are required by the laws of natire to have disdain in our souls for him. If he moved on to say, UNC or GaTech, we'd have very little reason to dislike him as a person.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  6. gatorhaze

gatorhaze Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Spoke to one of my leg humper friends after the game. Seems like the fan base is upset about the lack of fire Richt has. I was a little surprised due to the fact they did lose by only 3 to a top 10 team and a non conference team at that. Can't wait to hear his reaction when they lose to Carolina next week.
  7. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +729
    If anything happens at UGA as far as a change--it will be a sacrificial lamb thing with OC Mike Bobo being the one to get fired. He'll take one in the gut before they fire Mark.
  8. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +566
    No reason to think Richt should be on the hot seat given his record.
    But, I don't get the notion that he has been unlucky. Seems to me its just the opposite. As for him being a good man, I have no idea, but he does have a couple of classless moves on his coaching record.