Honest Goal...I would like to win 2 of the big 4

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gymgator, Sep 22, 2013.

1. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +346 / 48 / -11
    2 out of 4 is realistic, but losing all 4 isn't impossible....and Missouri & Arkansas aren't going to roll over either.

I agree w/ AZ, that the Turnover's are key. Murphy is likely going to throw a few picks...but it's inexcusable for our RB's to continue to cough it up...as well as our 5th year Senior Center to snap the ball when the QB isn't ready (I'm not sure who's fault that was, but the rest of the O seemed caught off guard by it too...so it seems to me it was on the Center).

But the fact is, even w/ a healthy JD and healthy OL, losing those 4 was still a possibility (especially after losing to a less talented Miami team).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Murphy can do...and honestly, it's not like he's replacing a Heisman candidate, so we can still have hope!
  2. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hopefully fla beats uga and at wins least 1 of the other 3 big games. I think they have the best chance to beat f$u.
  3. SavageGator

SavageGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 27 / -2
    O ye of little faith! Some of the offenses that some here seem fearful of will meet their first real defense when they play the Gators! Our offense will finally gel in the red zone with Murphy at QB!
  4. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +1,720 / 43 / -10
    Im on record saying we could run the table after the Miami loss. Ill stick with that.

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.
  5. trufloridagator

trufloridagator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Matt Jones is clearly not where he needs to be condition wise if you watch him run and after the play. Need to postpone ragging on him. No reason not to be using Kelvin more though and Muschamp said as much in his presser so I will hope he sticks to that

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +671 / 141 / -85

I think Murphy will play ok against UK and we win by about 21, but being his first start, on the road, at night, and without a doubt Mark Stoops is going to game-plan to come after him like gangbusters, I expect some early butterflies by TM and then for him to settle down by the second quarter.

I think our defense is going to downright overwhelm UK's offense. Don't turn the ball over and I think we can hold them to 7 points or less.

That said, I expect Arkansas to be a much better measuring stick for Murphy as they have good athletes and a fast defense. LSU may be a loss, but TM could have a lot of success against a suspect UGA defense, but on the road at USC could be a problem, as well as @ Mizzou too, which sort of looks like a trap game to me.

I think fsu's Jamies Winston is going to be a very good QB for them, but I'm still waiting for him to even face a defense with a pulse. fsu's first three opponents have progressively gotten worse from week-to-week in terms of competition, and I still haven't forgotten that pitiful Nevada played even with them and even led until halfway through the second quarter quarter.

I like our chances to win our remaining home games in The Swamp with our great defense, but it's several road games that have me worried.
  7. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +396 / 3 / -0
    I'm hoping for 3 out of 4 for in these games:

Georgia
    SWAC
    SECCG
    BCS Championship Game

Other than that, I don't care what happens with our schedule.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  8. Gatuar

Gatuar Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 20 / -7
    playmakers will need to emerge in the passing game....and running game if we're going to take 2 of 4

Our chance to be special this season was if JD progressed and playmakers developed. Well JD regressed and is out, let's assume for argument sake TM will perform better.

Solomon Patton and Quinton Dunbar have taken a step forward.....but we need one more playmaker in the vertical game and a RB to make a guy miss in the open field