Hillary: Bill's sex addiction was his mom's fault

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Jul 27, 2014.

1. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +715
  2. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,159
    Not too long ago I caught some kind of news thing on one of the local channels trying to push this. "Bill was abused by his mother", etc - as if that excuses him or something.
  3. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,099
    Well at least she did not blame it on Bush.....well W Bush.
    • Funny Funny x 8
  4. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,847
    I adore this particular quotation, makes me feel all soft and vulnerable on the inside:
    I picture two random Jewish boys harshly tossed off of a train by the SS at Auschwitz in October 1944. They dust each other off and scramble to get into line for the Choosing: left is to the work camp, certain starvation and abuse, but a small chance at life; right is to the "showers." One boy says to the other, "Well, look at it this way. At least we're not in the middle of a conflict between two women." The other nods gravely.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,464
    Hillary is just digging herself into a deeper hole imnsho
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Speaks volumes about two homosexual women trying to adopt and raise children...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,653
    Everything is always somebody else fault.

We can fix anything with enough of somebody else money.

Rule 1 and 1a of the lib handbook
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +557
    Damn, they'll throw anyone "under the bus" ..... or in other words, they'll "Vince Foster" anyone if its politically expedient.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,847
    Let's not forget 1b: "Waste of said peoples' resources and complete failure to achieve any stated objectives is insignificant as long as one means well."
  10. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    Bill was/is married to a muff diver....Really...can you blame him??
  11. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +681
    So you're saying men really like to have sex... to the point its an addiction. I thought that was the point. If it hurt I don't think we would have made it to 2014 as a species.

For the record the rest of the world was laughing at us for making a big deal out of the President having a paramour; at least the Europeans. I know he lied about it etc but frankly I don't care who is under the Presidents desk as long as he is signing a bill that is beneficial to the country.
  12. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +222
    no addiction... just nature...
  13. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,847
    Even if it's an intern? Don't be daft. There's not an executive position in America you could keep after doing something like that. You're buying off on the "It was all about sex" narrative. We can't as a country espouse this belief that there's no such thing as consensual sex in situations of a disproportionate power relationship (such as between a prison guard and a prisoner, a drill instructor and a recruit, or -- wait for it -- an executive and an intern), oh, except when the executive involved in the senior law enforcement officer in the country. JFK had mistresses, and people knew it. The reason it wasn't a big deal is that none of them were interns.

And as far as "I know he lied about it, etc," that's a pretty cavalier way of dismissing perjury, which is again, as the senior law enforcement official in the country, something he put others in prison for. Wagging your finger at me and telling me you did not have sexual relations with "that woman" is one thing; I don't expect a politician to tell me the truth. But when you're under oath, you either tell the truth or exercise your right not to answer. There's no exception for relevant questions of a sexual nature.

President Clinton was obviously a philanderer. That was a well known fact during the 1992 campaign. And while that is as valid of a reason as any for people not to vote for someone, people did vote for him. In general, I agree that adultery is a personal matter between families and God. President Clinton could have had any number of paramours that would have been none of my business. But when he does things that would have me fired and jailed (which is, as a military officer who worked for him, exactly what would have happened to me), I get to have a problem with that.
  14. BastogneGator

Ratings Received:
    +681
    She was 22 at the time. It's not like she was a 16 yr old "page". I think we should let grown ups be grown ups.
    The President doesn't fall under the UCMJ.
  15. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,847
    He was allowed to be a grownup. He made an adult decision to have sexual relations with an intern and then perjure himself. The House of Representatives then made an adult decision of its own to impeach him for perjury, suborning perjury, obstruction of justice, abuse of power (I can't remember the exact charges).

A man's game charges a man's price.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BastogneGator

Ratings Received:
    +681
    Why did congress even care? As I recall Lewinsky never claimed any type of harassment. Another politician from Arkansas did and when they couldn't prove that they used conversations secretly recorded between Lewinsky and Tripp.

Tell me all about man's games...
  17. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,847
    What exactly is your solution here? Making perjury and obstruction of justice not crimes anymore, so that anyone can say whatever they want in open court or to investigators? Just amending the laws that they only apply to us common folk? Or amending them that they don't apply to questions of a sexual nature?
  18. BastogneGator

Ratings Received:
    +681
    It should never have come before congress. Why was that a congressional issue. I'm more concerned with his policies than I am with his sex life. Why does JFK get a pass?

Obstruction of what justice? She was of consensual age and apparently didn't object at the time.
  19. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,847
    Lying to investigators is obstruction of justice. People go to prison for it all of the time. Ask Martha Stewart.

I already addressed the difference between Kennedy and Clinton in terms of what I think is my business and what isn't.

Great. Your more concerned with policies than sex life. Who isn't? You still haven't addressed how to legally resolve this perjury/obstruction problem. I gave you three courses of action: 1.) perjury and obstruction no longer apply to anyone; 2.) perjury and obstruction apply to everyone but the President; 3.) perjury and obstruction do not apply in cases that involve sex.

Either choose, or come up with one I haven't thought of. "It should never have come before Congress" doesn't address the problem.
  20. BastogneGator

Ratings Received:
    +681
    How about we haul every American citizen before congress and ask them about their sex lives under oath. The President is just a citizen after all. Do you really want congress to have that power? You are presenting false dichotomies. I don't have to choose because I don't feel any are relevant to the purpose of the congress. It shouldn't have come before congress, it was a political witch hunt. The congress has no business asking about someone's sex life unless a law has been broken. It made us look bad on the international stage. The reason JFK got a pass is the political process was at one time mature enough to know the difference.
    How does being an officer under Clinton but not JFK make one your business and the other not? You were still an American citizen correct? I have been an officer under two Presidents and neither one of their sex lives is my business, even though I am subject to rules they themselves are not.

Martha Stewart lied about insider trading which is a crime.
    The only thing I wish Monica had done is tell him she would do it better if he sent Bradleys to Somalia.