Hill

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by 108, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    I was actually just joking with **** comment. I know you as a poster. You aren't attacking the kid personally.

And I think I made the case fairly well--as did Wise in the radio broadcast--that Prather made the primary mistake, even if Hill is ultimately responsible for the turnover. Prather's mistake was mental; Hill's was simply one of execution.
  2. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    Yep, some of you should.
  3. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +569
    Got it. Sometimes it is tough to pick up on tone on the internet.

I don't think either view is totally irrational, but I might go back to watch it again to see if I can see what you are seeing.
  4. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,495

Thanks Brad. Yes, I do get it.

The over-the-top, know-it-all stuff, from the most holy and highly self-esteemed ego corner blows. That's all.
  5. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +456
    You probably need to shower off then.
  6. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    Trust me, I'm right there with you and unfortunately I'm guilty of being a smartass know-it-all myself sometimes. It's a problem not only on these forums and the internet-at-large, but in society in general. I always try to remind myself of how much I just don't know...it's a good way to stay humble. That's advice from my dad (a member of the state judiciary) that I've taken to heart as a young lawyer.
  7. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,495

I agree, and I too fall afoul of that from time to time, as well.

But the important point that you highlighted, is to be self-aware, and recognize it.
  8. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +269
    Bottom line is that Kasey is not that good right now. He makes some nice plays. He makes some bad plays. He usually waves at people on defense. He is a spotty outside shooter and not that reliable from the free throw line. If he stays at UF for 4 years, my guess is that Billy will turn him into a star. IMO, the best players on the team right now are the starting five plus Finney-Smith, with Hill, Davon Walker and Kurtz following behind.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    I think I got the comment from some Vince Vaughn movie, where he responds to some rather innocuous, obvious thing by saying, "Well, why the **** did you ask, then, ***hole?"
  10. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +355
    Like I say in my sig.....
  11. 08gatorbait

08gatorbait Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    The one thing Hill does better is great passes. Wilbekin runs the offense better, has a better head, makes less mistakes, plays better defense....but Hill is the one guy who makes insane passes sometimes. He still drives far too often without a plan but when he sees the court he can pass better than Wilbekin no doubt. It's probably his biggest strength and why he will be great. He can zip a ball into the post better than anyone I've seen for awhile on a Billy D team. Wilbekin is certainly the best PG on our team there is no question, but Hill will develop into an elite PG given time...a few times a game you see his potential. Once it's all put together...he will be a special player.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 08gatorbait

Ratings Received:
    +965
    I suggest you read a Bama forum for ten minutes after losing to Auburn..then you wouldn't feel so much hatred for your own fan base.
  13. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +253
    Billy D has said many times that the biggest improvement is between a player's freshman and sophomore season. That bodes well for Kasey coming back.
  14. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800
    And IMO forecasts his departure at the end of year #2. I think he's that kind of talent.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +269
    I agree. We also have a very advanced point guard (skill wise) coming into the program in Chris Chiozza. Watch Chris on TV in his upcoming televised game. This kid passes the ball like Jason Williams did in his 5 minutes with the Gators.
  16. 08gatorbait

Ratings Received:
    +965
    So did Hill from his highlights o_O
  17. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    As I recall, his five minutes ran from 4:15 to 4:20.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,617
    I don't know. Sometimes things just accelerate so fast with certain kids. Nelson was terrible for the better part of his freshman year, then exploded. Beal didn't look anything like the third best player in a good draft until very late in his freshman season. Hill has the kind of talent that, if we gets comfortable with his shot and more aggressive taking the ball to the rack with Wilbekin playing off the ball, he could explode. Hill is also 20 years old and an orphan, so maximizing his draft stock may not be the most important thing in the world to him. Worst case scenario, he flames out in the league after a couple of years because he never developed his game, then goes overseas and uses his unbelievable speed and handle to leave Israeli, Latvian, and Norwegian defenders in the dust for a decade.
  19. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +269
    I am not talking about highlights. I watched the Elite 24 game on TV and Chiozza was a highlight video throughout the game. I watched Kasey Hill play many games in high school for Montverde, and he was then what he is now. Chiozza has a high school game on TV in a few games. Watch it if you can.
  20. wci347

wci347 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +303
    Hill is a pure bonus to our program even with the turnovers. When Wilbekin was suspended, Hill stepped up to the plate. His willingness to take risks provides teams with a different dimension when he is running the point. It also frees up Wilbekin more and provides him with more energy to score and play defense. Our turnovers are actually down overall from last year I believe and so there has definitely been a spike in our offensive potency as a result of Hill's presence.

Hill is playing on a team with 4 seniors. You cannot possibly judge his readiness for the NBA when he has been relegated to a contributing role and not a leading role. The top freshman in college statistic wise are playing in programs where they were brought in to play leading roles not contributing roles. When Hill had to start, he was averaging double figures, more assists and had fewer turnovers because the team relied on him more.

He has made big shots and big plays since he has been coming off the bench. There is no reason to believe that in a starting role, those plays would be multiplied.