Highest Paid Coaches

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by swangator, Dec 8, 2013.

1. swangator

swangator Member

Ratings Received:
    +64
    I know this must be old news. But I haven't paid much attention to the actual salaries of coaches until I heard Jimbo and Gus would be getting bumps up into the range of 4+.

So I started wondering what we were paying Muschamp; I couldn't remember exactly. According to this, the 2 mil range seems about right. In line with Malzahn until Gus lit the world on fire.

But what got me to post this is ... what the hell are Arkansas and Tennessee smoking?? They're paying Bielema and Jones more than Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, and Steve Spurrier?? They're paying the former coaches of Cincinnati and Wisconsin five bleeding million a year. Almost as much as Saban and more than four coaches with five national titles between them.

Did somebody mention to the genius's running Vol Town that when you land your 5th choice for coach you can probably get him at a discount?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/salaries/
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +308
    Is Saban on there with Texas yet at $9 Million a year??:eek:
  3. navygator88

navygator88 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +155
    This list is largely discredited. The numbers for Butch Jones would be for a season where he went undefeated, won the SEC, national title, coach of the year, etc. His base salary is nowhere near one of the 5 highest paid coaches in college football.