Hey Elway....

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Feb 2, 2014.

1. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,044
    Redskins fan as well! Go skins!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,038
    I actually think the blonde could take you, I mean look, she's got a black belt....... In being sexy.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,926
    I'd be willing for that challenge
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,038
    I'd just do the reverse Ike Turner and let her beat me and tell her next time to put a little Moe stank on it. Lol
    This is classic:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    If you think about it, Elway unloaded Tim's 1st round draft pick contract and got a 4th & 6th and half a mill that they had advanced Tim.

If he resigned him for the Vet Minimum of $650k, it would actually be great value and Tim getting to learn behind Peyton, would be priceless. If he can't win the job after that, then so be it. But everyone critics his consistency, when he has had a new HC, OC, QB Coach and to learn a new O system every season he was in the NFL. Do we think that two years in a row, he might be better than he was the year before?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +756
    I need a 'WOW!' button. :)
  7. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,044
    Jealous? Jealous over a guy that couldn't even get signed as a backup? It's about winning, bottom line. If Elway truly thought Tim was the guy, he'd stick with him. Instead, he chose to go wth one of the greatest quarter backs to ever play the game. (Better than Elway, IMO) Now if he went out and got some scrub, that might be a little different.

Think about this; If Elway, as a GM, won a Super Bowl, (almost did) he would have a ring as both a player and a coach. And forever be cemented (already is) as one of the greatest Broncos of all time. Elway is about winning, and Manning gives him the best chance. If Timmy was so good, wouldn't he be on the Jet's or Pat's rosters? I love Tebow, but it just seems like he's not an NFL qb. I truly hope he proves me wrong. The crow would never taste better.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,926
    I agree with the jealousy comment. Elway seemed uncomfortable with the attention Tim was getting long before Manning became available. It was his town and it quickly got took over with Tebow fever. Has nothing to do with Manning.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. phatGator

phatGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +242
    Elway seemed visibly unhappy with Tim pulling out victories. It might have been jealousy or it might have been the thought of Luck slipping away (pun intended). Could be a combination of things. I can see non-Gator fans not liking the frenzy that surrounded Tim. My family in Denver were thrilled when Tim was signed and relieved when he was traded. I think the frenzy killed his chances. It's sad. Tim learning behind Manning would have been great. He would've added a great dimension to their SB effort.
    • Agree Agree x 1