Here we go again . . . .

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Oct 20, 2013.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +284
    Bert:

Do you agree that Calipari is an arrogant, egotistical a$$hole?
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,820
    This just in. Florida has won several Super Bowls

Sent from my All knowing Android Device
  3. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +219
    He may have changed his recruiting pitch from his first couple of years. However it is something he has promised before.
  4. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +852
    LOL!

Alright. . . you cant post something like this and then suggest BEH is coming onto our board and 'lauding his program' should he chose to answer and defend his coach! :)
  5. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    NO.

I think any successful man is egotistical otherwise he would not be successful. I was successful because I had an ego that drove me. (I was also an a$$hole).
  6. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    But I like the Gators also; otherwise, I would not be here all the time. I still don't know why you can't enjoy two SEC teams even though the Gators are going to be second. REM and Jeff are the same way. Following a second team doubles the fun.

I have spent time with Billy D. but I have never met Calipari. Billy D. is a good person; however, he is also one of the most intense fellows on earth. His motor stays revved up. I often wonder if he sleeps.
  7. jagervol01

jagervol01 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    I would think that depends on how a person defines success. An egocentric person defines his own success in relation to others while a simply confident and ambitious person can be satisfied with what he has accomplished without feeling as though he is the envy of the entire world... I don't know what is in Cal's heart but the "we are everybody's Super Bowl" comment sure sounds egocentric to me.
  8. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +284
    Unless I am mistaken, REM defends the Gators on Rupp Rafters, while you beat us up on Rupp Rafters.
  9. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    If you don't believe that statement then please explain to me why the UK game at most SEC schools is the largest attended game of the year.

That is what he means and it can be documented. It has nothing to do with Calipari, just Kentucky basketball. Alabama is the same darned thing in football.

On a similar note, I would bet that Duke and North Carolina are the biggest games on most ACC schools home schedule.

Back to the super bowl statement: who is the biggest draw for Tennessee basketball at home? Vandy? Ole Miss? South Carolina?
  10. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    UConn for a Women's game would be my guess.
  11. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    Rupp Rafters is a free board and you can go and read every post that I make. I don't hide my identity there or here. My name is Bert Higginbotham. On RR it is Bert Higginbotha and on here it is BEH (the E is for Edward).

Of course I don't know who the hell tampajack is and I have no idea on who REM is. But you know who I am. I live in Smiths Grove and with a little looking you can find out every thing this is to know about me, my politics and my work. So I am not the one keeping secrets.

Go read my dumps on the Gators. You can copy paste them here. So go find those rips that I make against the Gators. (Good luck.) I will defend every thing I type on Rupp's Rafters here. The only disappointment you may find is that the Kentucky fans don't hate on Florida basketball 24/7. Most Kentucky fans love Billy Donovan.

I don't see REM defending the Gators on RR, nor do I. But neither of us trash the Gators and we both admit that we follow the Gators.

Tampajack I am too old to play games on message boards, so go report all of my rips. Good fishing.
  12. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +273
    So you are an arrogant asshole but Calipari is not? Got it!

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  13. jagervol01

jagervol01 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    The largest crowd is always Kentucky and usually a sellout although I would say that Thompson-Boling is usually about 33% blue for that game...which means it was 33% empty at the end of last year's game when we won by 30 points.
  14. SwampFox

SwampFox Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +94
    I guess you and I have different definitions of success or maybe just different roads needed to achieve it.....One need not be an ahole to get what one wants......I know children who have already learned this....but whateva Mr. Brash......

:no:
  15. viningsgator

viningsgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +266
    Total jackass.
  16. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +376
    It is always a good idea to be positive when speaking to your fan base.

When Kentucky does to basketball what Alabama is currently doing to football, then he might be justified in making such a statement, however, given the past 25 year history of the Kentucky basketball team such a statement is going more than a little bit overboard.
  17. BEH

BEH Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    I don't know what Alabama football has done in the last 25 years (your chosen time frame); however, in the last 25 years UK has done the following in basketball:

All games;
    Won: 683 Lost: 210 Percentage: 76.48

SEC Regular season
    Won: 317 Lost: 110 Percentage: 74.24

SEC Tournament
    Won: 49 Lost: 11 Percentage: 81.67

SEC All Games:
    Won: 366 Lost: 121 Percentage: 75.15

That time period includes UK's two worst coaches, i.e. Sutton and Gillispie.

In that period UK went to the NCAA 19 times and finished as follow:

3 Titles
    1 Runners Up
    2 Semi-final games
    6 Elite Eights
    3 Sweet Sixteens
    4 2nd rounds
    1 1st round
    The NIT 2 times.

In basketball only one team can claim a similar run over the same time period and that is Duke (the only time in Duke's history where they were a really big threat to win it all). Plus UK lost in overtime to Arizona only because Anderson was not allowed to play or UK would be tied for that time period with Coach K.

Sorry, but Alabama may be better in football, but no team is better than UK in basketball even when you include the Sutton and Gillispie years along with 10 loss Tubby. So I really don't know what you meant in your post but UK has done quite well considering it involves some down years.

Calipari has the right to say what he wants because his run (the only one he is responsible for) the last few years has been really good and may actually get better. It may come back and hit him in his face; however, he will do it before a sell out crowd and a national TV audience so that is what fills up the coffers.
  18. tampajack1

tampajack1 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +284
    Everybody has the right to be a jerk. Calipari is a jerk. Your gloating about Kentucky on a Gator board is a bit obnoxious.
  19. Killer_Rabbits

Killer_Rabbits Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    Is now a good time to bring up the vacated Final Fours?
  20. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +159
    Cal is right, they are everybody's superbowl. We love to beat them in the worst way. When White Chocolate lit them up in Lexington, even their fans were talking about his performance. I thought this was being good fans of college basketball.

As for being the Alabama of Basketball, well the pay for play is probably right to get where they want to go. Alabama has been doing this for a long time. A Football player at my school that was an exceptional lineman but couldn't spell his name, couldn't get into Fla, Fsu, Famu, went to Alabama and started three years for the Bear. Trent Richarson, SUV, mother who got great job and house in tuscaloosa, yea, Bert you are probably right. As for Cal, yes he is a good coach who will get you lined up with agents before you even have gotten into school. What is his mantra, Quickest ticket to the Pros and big money. He is slick but one day one of the kids will turn on him and then the truth will set the Wildcats free to see who he really is. But Cal being slick, will take a pro job and jettison out.

So, yes when teams play Kentucky, to beat them makes you feel good and makes the world a better place. LOL