Help With Watching Online

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatordavisl, Nov 21, 2013.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,363
    I live out of state and don't have access to WatchESPN, because my provider is Directv. Have tried Firstrow. The second link (must be in FL) is blacked out. The fist link started to work, but I couldn't "X out" the add that's there. I used Add Block, but that actually blocked the video feed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. gatordavisl

Ratings Received:
    +2,363
    Check that. I just got one of the other links to work. Sorry. Hall - feel free to delete this thread.
  3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,142
    If you can pay the $11 per month, just set up a membership with Gatorvision Online. That's the only reliable way to watch the non-conference season.
  4. gatordavisl

Ratings Received:
    +2,363
    Thanks rserina. That brings up another question. If I have an active Gatorlink account, can I somehow VPN into the UF system and view Gatorvision for free?
  5. tvheaven

tvheaven Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    this is something i successfully did; these instructions are 3 years old now, surely something has changed, but surely some of it remains the same. a place to start at any rate:

My internet service provider doesn't give me ESPN 360, but a buddy of mine told me how to get it for free. You have to be a UF Alumni or Student.

First, if you don't already have one, get a Gatorlink ID and password from
    https://my.ufl.edu/psp/ps_pwd/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/c/UF_PA_GL_ACCT_MGMT.UF_PA_SS_GL_CREATE.GBL

Your gatorlink id and password is the same as if you were logging onto webmail.ufl.edu

If you don't remember your UFID look it up using the "What's my UFID?" link.

Second go to http://net-services.ufl.edu/provided_services/vpn/. On the left hand menu click Downloads then VPN. Download the Cisco VPN client and install it.

Third, once you have downloaded and installed the VPN client, restart your computer.

Fourth, once the computer has restarted open the VPN client and login using your gatorlink id and password.

Fifth, once the vpn connection is established go to espn360.com and download the software that site requires.