Help!!!! Any info pls

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gatorbait1, Sep 4, 2013.

1. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    DirecTV with the sports package! You can cancel the package after the season if you don't find enough you like and sign back up when football starts.

Most the installers are independent contractors, they rush the install and don't do a good job of aiming the dish. There a place in the settings where you can see the actual signal strength of satellites. You can adjust the dish really easy and it will hardly ever go out. I did mine a few years ago and even in the heaviest storms it doesn't go out totally, just flickers/freezes for a second or two. I suggest checking the mounting job also, they may not use all the available mounting hardware(put two lags in where there should be four).

If you have a "Big HDTV" you cant beat DirecTV!
  2. mks50

mks50 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    As far as Internet, I pay Comcast $50 or so and get plenty of speed. But directv + Comcast for Internet only is still cheaper than Comcast only. Comcast really kills you with the extra charges per HD receiver. My bill was up over $260 before I said enough is enough. Haven't looked back.

As an added bonus, you get NFL Sunday ticket the first year free. Let the significant other know you will be busy all weekend for the next 3 months :)
  3. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Thx brotha, I have Comcast down here in south Florida but they said where I'm movin in morrisville nc they don't provide network there....my initial reaction was to headbutt the wall at the thought of missing my gator games but I kept my composure as i sought out my brothas from Otha mothas here on gator country. Lol
  4. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    I'm Renting a townhome and from what my property manger has told me that it looks like I can't do it for some odd reason. Idk, pretty upset about it. I'm gonna have to roll with Warner I guess. Really chaps my butt
  5. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Lol Thx again brotha. Looks like Warner it is. I can't do dish net at my place so I have to settle with Warner. Is it really Warner or dish? That's crazy lol
  6. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,162
    Little known fact. If your DirecTV contract is up, they will give you NFL Sunday ticket free if you threaten to leave...not JUST for new customers as advertised. (ask me how I know :wink:)