Heat fans are sore losers/winners...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ArtVandelay, Aug 6, 2014.

1. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +956

Could you please explain how they're different?
  2. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    If also love an explanation as to how Miami's pep rally in 2010 was any different than Lebrons home coming party was last night. And to quote Lebrons classy letter, "this time there will be no celebrations, no parties. It's back to work."
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +290
    I really don't see the need to explain. It is like somebody seeing the glass of water half full and another seeing it half empty. Both opinions are totally different yet they are still talking about water inside of a glass. I truly feel as though if LeBron sent out personal thank-you cards in the mail to every Heat fan season ticket holder, it wouldn't be enough.

Personally, I just think it is ironic how Heat fans were defending LeBron after the "decision" and the rest of the world was bashing him while it seems like the opposite is true after the "letter." Of course I'm generalizing a little on both sides but you get the point.
  4. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    Heat fans aren't bashing him for the letter though. We're sitting here trying to figure out how the whole world is now praising him for doing the same damn thing they killed him for for the past four years. The letter approach doesn't bother me, the hypocrisy of the whole freaking world does.

No I don't need a personalized thank you card, that's ridiculous. Lebetard showed how easy it is to get a billboard. He could've done that. A newspaper ad is pretty common with athletes. Include it in the letter in the paragraph about his experience in Miami. That would have been sufficient. He showed more appreciation to the people that burned his jersey then the people that defended him for the past four years. You don't think that's a little tacky?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,493
    Not bitter at all about his decision to go home if that's where his heart is.
    It's about he way he went about it, show some respect to the organization who showed you how to win don't act like a punk.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,135
    You hit the nail on the head. While Cleveland fan were calling him everything just short of the N word, and the rest of the fans of the NBA were calling him essentially a POS, it was Miami fans who were in his corner even though we caught an equal amount of flak for it. Then he leaves, he's once again loved by the same people who HATED him, and the only people still catching shit are Heat fans. And what makes it all that much worse, we aren't doing ANYTHING.

Heat fans appreciate the past four years. It just really, really feels like we weren't appreciated in the least.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. the_alphagator1906

Ratings Received:
    +290
    No, because I really thought the letter was fine. As a Magic fan, I didn't get a letter from Dwight Howard, hmm...let me think...nope didn't get a letter from Shaq...didn't get one from Grant Hill nor did I get one from Tracy McGrady. You brought up the fact that LeBron could've done a newspaper ad. Well, I promise if he would've done that, then there would be Heat fans that would say something like "he should've done a news conference, why hide behind words." I really don't think there will ever be enough that LeBron could do to satisfy both parties everytime. However, as a casual fan, I felt as though the "letter" was different than the "decision" and one of the reasons is because he didn't say "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach" or anything like that. He even said that he would've done things differently than the "decision" if he had a chance to do it all over again.

To me, the letter read as though he was grateful for the opportunity to win championships. I know..I know Heat fans...he didn't say the words "Thank you Heat fans" but it was imlied throughout the letter in my opinion that he was indeed grateful and thankful for the opportunity. Again, this is just my opinion but the decision and the letter are vastly different.
  8. the_alphagator1906

Ratings Received:
    +290
    Not going to tell you what some of my friends who are Miami fans are calling him right now. I am just saying.
  9. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,135
    I know what I think of him, but I'm not going to burn his jersey in effigy. Big difference. Are we butt hurt? You betcha. But I don't see Micky calling out his manhood on the Heat website.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,493
    hoping the Heat will PUT A LITTLE COAL IN LeBron's stocking come December 25;)
  11. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +850
    Yea, buddy of mine predicted that game a long time before it was announced. Guess the NBA likes to stir the pot for ratings.
  12. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops Guest

Ratings Received:
    +1,397
    I think Lebatard is pretty damn funny.
  13. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    You also think you are funny, so not sure how good your judgment is ;)