1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Heat fans are sore losers/winners...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ArtVandelay, Aug 6, 2014.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,881
    Pretty pathetic.
  3. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +234
  4. gatorfansrule

gatorfansrule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +377
    It is kinda funny. I mean he left "home" for a few years to go get his rings and then went back "home".
  5. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,386
    I think it's funny

LeBron publicity BS of the "Letter" is equal to the "Decision" except he is seen as a hero for going back to the Mistake by the Lake.

The hatred for LeBron has been exposed as hatred of Miami Heat fans who had his back for 4 years only to be disrespected by LeBron and his entourage's games.

He could have thanked the fans. If he had no sign.

DWade won without LeBron, let's see if LeBron's takeover of the Cadaver's front office and decision making works out.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ArtVandelay

Ratings Received:
    +415
    http://instagram.com/p/qU7tVTCTLh/?modal=true

There are a lot of players you can say won a championship without (insert superstar here) DWade did have Shaq. Remember him? Also, I am pretty sure Wade wouldn't have won two more without LeBron. And I am willing to bet when it is all said and done that LeBron will have more championships than DWade.

I think the billboard would have been funny if it said Thanks LeBron because it would be sticking it to the Cavs fans.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mfpardnor2

Ratings Received:
    +2,386
    an Instagram Thanks how personal, an Intern probably posted it.

Let's see if LeBron is as good as a GM as Pat Riley, you know the guy he had fly across Country to meet with him after he had made up his mind.
    Dion Waiters already said he knew from LeBron 5 days before the "Letter" went out.

I appreciate everything LeBron did for the Heat he gave his all and if he would have came out after the season and was honest about his intentions to the Heat and to D Wade and Chris Bosh I would have applauded him and wished him well.

He was disingenuous and like the old saying goes don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.
  8. ArtVandelay

Ratings Received:
    +415
    You wanted a personal thank you? Like him coming to your house? Would have that been good enough?

I can't argue that I think professional athletes BS a lot and give everyone the run around. Maybe he had good reasons for that, maybe he didn't. I think most of the players these days are like that. It's annoying and we have to deal with it. I am a LeBron fan, but I do agree that he could probably have handled it better.

On the flip side, do you think for a second that if the Rockets offered Bosh the same $$# the Heat offered, that he wouldn't have said see ya and been on the first plane out?
  9. mfpardnor2

Ratings Received:
    +2,386
    My whole disgust with this whole thing is the hypocrisy with the whole "Decision" and The "Letter" they're basically the same, but where is the OUTRAGE this time???

LeBron and Miami were vilified by most columnists in 2010, but now he is so mature and a hero.

It was all a business decision because Cleveland is a chump franchise that will give away the keys to the Kingdom to get the guy they called Coward back in town, where as Miami is one of the best run teams in the NBA and wouldn't let LeBron's parasites have carte blanche treatment.

Miami Heat will be fine without LeBron James and Chris Bosh like D Wade loves Miami and preferred to stay there.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,881
    They aren't even close to the same.
    This time he called Miami before announcing to tell them what was coming, last time Cleveland found out on TV.
    Instead of the insanely arrogant announcement (I am taking my talents to South Beach etc) and even more arrogant arrival (the seven fingers up for how many championships they would win)., he gave a well thought out classy letter explaining it.
    Instead of chasing championships and claiming all that they will win, he was honest about where they are.
    And this time he committed to helping his home town as part of the reason for coming back.

Yes business was involved, but It was 1000 times more mature than the last time, and I say that as someone who has despised the guy.
  11. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +775
    You're reaching and way off base on this. I've heard several interviews from Bosh and he has never indicated such, in fact he has said just the opposite. The guy likes playing for Miami as does DWade.

I agree with your LeBatard comments in general. He is obviously just trying to stir the pot. However, the point is a fair one. LBJ would have looked a lot classier had he said "thanks for the memories" or something similar to the Miami fans and especially the Heat organization. Certainly not a requirement tho.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +775
    Pretty similar to me... both times it was his right to play where he wanted and both times he exercised it, shocking his old team and fans. The difference is that most people, especially the media simply feels sorry for rust belt Cleveland and hates trendy Miami, hence the slanted reactions. As far as him calling Miami before the announcement, I think Pat Riley has a slightly different memory.

I have no problem with either decision tho. It's a business. All the other stuff is just theatrics, much of which has been orchestrated by ESPN, SI and/or his agent/PR guys. Lebron wasn't the guy that was behind the pep rally in Miami and he wasn't the guy that wrote the "classy" letter. As far as "not chasing championships", don't kid yourself. He wouldn't be lobbying hard for Love, Miller and the rest of those guys if he didn't want a championship now and that is exactly what he should be doing. He simply is trying to downplay expectations when they don't win it next year. Wont work tho. Now that he has Love on board, expectations will be thru the roof.

I'm sure Heat haters wont agree, but if anybody deserves the "classy" label thru this process, it has been the Miami Heat organization, especially compared to the Cavs ownership and fan base.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. mfpardnor2

Ratings Received:
    +2,386
    Don't count out Nike in this decision and the "feel good story of LeBron wanting to go home". $$$$$$

Steven A Smith states that LeBron and his crew have been planning this for 2 years
  14. ArtVandelay

Ratings Received:
    +415
  15. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,324
    Really? This is not a punishable offense in my book, but it really just amounts to a 4 day weekend for lebatard and the airing of a show that will get lower ratings for espn. Then throw in that they didn't even officially suspend (he was just taken off the air, splitting hairs I know) steven a smith for what got significantly more people upset. gotta love the 4 letter network
  16. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,324
    "It was close. I'm not going to lie," Bosh said on "The Zaslow and Joy Show" on FM 104.3 The Ticket in Miami. "It was close. It was a weird situation because we were waiting so long and I didn't know what was going on."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...lose-leaving-miami-heat?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Sounds like he was pretty close
  17. mfpardnor2

Ratings Received:
    +2,386
  18. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +775
    Pretty close in that instance references when the Rockets were actually offering more money and the Heat was sitting around waiting on Lebron.
  19. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +849
    Wilbon is a bulls fan that trashes Lebron and Miami every chance he gets. Bill Simmons is a celtics fan that trashes Lebron and Miami every chance he gets. Why can't Lebetard show his true colors as a fan and have some fun at Lebrons expense? Very hypocritical on ESPNs part. I guess you have to be on the clock to criticize Lebron. Hell, if ESPN employees were suspended every time they criticize Lebron skip Bayless would never be on air again.

As pointed out multiple times in this thread, I've yet to come in contact with a non bandwagon Miami fan that doesn't appreciate the 4 years. What real heat fans have a problem with was the behind the scenes manipulation that was going on and the fact that after defending the guy for 4 years we couldn't get as much as a thank you. That Instagram image early wasn't done by him, so no it doesn't count. No I don't expect a personal message, but it belonged in his letter.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +234
    Sorry dude but you sound like a bitter fan. No other way to put it. The only way "the Letter" and "the decision" are similiar is the fact that he left in both situations. The way he left those two situations are night and day.

Ican understand being bitter because I am a magic fan. I've had to deal with Shaq leaving, Penny's career falling apart afterwards, Grant Hill getting 90 million to play like 20 games/year, Rashard Lewis getting paid only to put up chump numbers his last couple of years here then D. Howard's decision. I mean, where is the outrage in those situations? Oh yea, nobody really cared as much.

You are right though, the Heat will be fine. The fan base will dwindle some because the star power won't be the same and Miami fans are fickle because there is so many other things to do down there. Still doesn't take away the fact that "the decision and the letter" were different. Nobody how bitter you are my friend.