Hear Dez Bryant's Rant On The Sideline

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Jaggator, Oct 29, 2013.

1. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    people always criticize NFL players for being rich divas who don't care about winning and only care about making money.

then when they show that they give a damn they're told to sit down and shut up.

can't have it both ways people.
  2. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +427
    I am glad to hear that audio. My reaction the first time I saw the video (with no audio) and the TV commentators assuming he bitching about not being targeted was that's not what it looked like to me. Even Keyshawn Johnson was trying to defend Bryant for being selfish. Every single one of those TV guys assumed (incorrectly) that Bryant was bitching because he wasn't getting the ball.

But what I noticed right away was the reaction of the people around Bryant. It was not the reactions of people listening to a self-centered player ranting about himself. And the media comments of the players after the game didn't suggest they were agitated by his actions. And then you hear Romo actually agreeing with him.

You hear the audio and the context makes a lot more sense. Bryant is a guy who's a competitor and wants the entire team, including himself to step up their game. He repeatedly says "we're better than this". I actually gained respect for Bryant after hearing that. Granted, he needs to tone down his emotions if he wants to be listened to, but I don't think he's a self-centered prima donna as so many characterize him as being.
  3. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    Good take on it, I agree.

I had to eat a big Texas BBQ crow sandwich when I heard the audio and realized he wasn't having the selfish meltdown that it looked like he was having. Looks can be deceiving.

That said though, "looks can be deceiving" is also the phrase Tony Romo should respond with when Dez keeps insisting that he's always open. Tony knows better and has learned that lesson the hard way.
  4. malbaker86

malbaker86 Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    oh jeez stop w/this who "until he does something" talk. I hate when people use that logic. What has the Cowboys accomplished since Witten has been the "leader' of the team over the last few years? They've been stuck in a reign of mediocrity and Dez is tired of it.
  5. RemainCalm

RemainCalm Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +234
    The Cowboys need to fire the ginger.
  6. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +642
    I enjoy when guys care. They're getting paid a butt load of money to go out there and be competitive. It's nice to see it actualized, IMO.
  7. FakeRickSutcliffe

FakeRickSutcliffe Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +393
    Good point. We want the players to care as much as we fans do, but when confronted with the visual of somebody getting all worked up over a football game we find it a little melodramatic. Mind you, Dez Bryant's personal livelihood is somewhat tied to the team's success so he has much more reason to get fired up and animated than we do as fans. But we'll go right on yelling at the TV screen like morons, and then criticize Dez Bryant for yelling at people who can actually hear and react to him. LOL!

We are a funny lot, we sports fans. Ask any of us if we like the idea of players playing for the love of the game and the desire to win team championships, rather than just for the love of money. We'd all say hell yeah! But which sports franchise do we anoint as the most villainous "bad guys" who we all love to hate? The Miami Heat, because their star players each took 7-figure pay cuts...for the love of the game and to win team championships.
    • Like Like x 1