Hawaii 2014 - Pics added

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by G8trGr8t, Jul 11, 2014.

1. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +849
    Great pics. We have friends that just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii. I am looking forward to hearing about their trip, but am sure I will be disappointed in their pics after seeing these.
    They are an interesting family, never went anywhere but Disney until he got a job that requires him to travel back and forth to Japan several times a year. Now they go everywhere using all his frequent flyer miles. I'm a little jealous at vacation time, but the rest of the year, not so much.
  2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,901
    I have to be more creative to accrue miles rather than flying since don't travel for work much anymore. Without the miles for free plane tickets our travels would be much curtailed too.

Hawaii is like Florida in that it can be very different but still similar in different places. I will post others in pub photo album as I sort through them. Take 1000, keep 100 is usual ratio for me.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. raycgator

raycgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +335
    Did you happen to check out the seven sacred pools and waterfalls off Hana?

I went to Maui with family back in '08. Immediately after that stopover along Hana, we were in the rockier part of the drive along a narrower road and this other tourist couple was tailgating us. I saw his face in the rearview and he was livid, as if he was stuck in LA traffic instead of a vacation
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,901
    yes but it rained the whole time we were around the pools and the rangers wouldn't let anybody swim.. see the 5/6 pics in the post. my daughter turned 13 that day and we made her go hiking in the rain and mud then sit in the minivan for 3 hours but when she got to the Fairmont in Wailea, saw the room, experienced the shower, smelled the shampoos and lotions they provide, and felt the sheets she forgave me. It was a booking . yeah moment. it was her first stop at a true 5 star resort and she enjoyed the level of service.

the back road is much improved now. last time 2004 we followed a donkey for around 1000 yards before he had a spot to get off the road. people try and do Hana in a day trip and are in a hurry by the time they get to the back side. bad idea. too many blind curves around cliffs on one lane roads. I pulled over more than once to let people by going and coming so I could just enjoy the drive.
  5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,901
    [​IMG]

hiking the Na Pali coast

[​IMG]

Oheo Gulch, Hana, Maui

[​IMG]

Waimea Canyon Kauai

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    fantasy island falls, kauai. aerial somewhere in post above. rainbow changes as time passes

[​IMG]

Shipwreck Beach, Lanai, Hawaii

[​IMG]
    that ship silouhette top center is 400 foot plus rusted out old freighter
  6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,901
    [​IMG]

Napali coast hike. couldn't keep my lens or camera dry that day. 7d was put to the test

[​IMG]

wade pools on Lanai around the corner from Four Seasons in background. kids in the foreground.

[​IMG]

looking back at Maui from Lanai as we head down to shipwreck beach
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014