Harrison Twins Return

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by jmoliver, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jmoliver

jmoliver Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    Being reported that they are staying in school. What a crazy good team that is going to be.
  2. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +695
    I'm not sure it's going to be crazy good. Very good, yes. Julius Randle was the guy that made them such a dangerous team, and he's gone.
  3. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
    I don't want to get crazy and say they will go 40-0, but I think 39-1 is very likely...
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CASontag

CASontag Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +207
    Well, hopefully that one loss is complements of the Gators ;) Not sure they'll go 39-1 but they are in a much better situation with the Harrisons than without for sure (stating the obvious of course :D)
  5. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,841
    Let the t-shirts and tattoos begin! I am glad they are coming back. Too bad dad has to live off of WWW's meager contributions for another year.
  6. SwampFox

SwampFox Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +101
    <golf clap>
  7. robertgator

robertgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    40-0. They will crush everyone they play!!! They aren't even going to have to try or practice....
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. rtgator

rtgator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +862
    It will be interesting to see the reaction of this year's 5 star recruits, when they realize that they may get stuck behind last year's 5 star recruits.

I think this will start taking a toll on new recruits next year. Up until now, each new set of 5 star recruits came in expecting to start from day one. When next year's recruits see this isn't happening anymore, that this year's 5 star recruits are stuck behind last year's 5 star recruits, they'll start looking elsewhere.

Hopefully, this will spread the wealth in coming years.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. sportsguy5487

sportsguy5487 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Going to be some great UF/UK battles next year. Best believe we'll be out to continue our streak against them. We're going to be VERY good next year too.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. rtgator

rtgator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +862
    They can recycle last year's unused 40-0 T-shirts. :D
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. LetItFly

LetItFly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +599
    Uk next season will be worse than this season. Its the same team minus their best shooter in Young and their best overall player in Randle. They add two big men that will struggle for playing time. Will have Poy at sf which makes them a bit worse. A 5-8 pg as a backup and an unathletic sg for a backup. They may be deeper but no where as talented as last season. One and done players should look elsewhere because cal sucks at getting players to the nba. The twins, Dakari, Lee, WCS, and Poy were all one and done players and all of them failed to reach the nba...some may even be 4 yr players.

Florida will be better than uk at every position next season as long as Harris stays a Gator. GO GATORS!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +930
    I am not so sure about that.. He did not play that well down the stretch. This will put UK able to compete in the East division... of the NBA
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    I thought Cal was great at getting guys to the NBA and preparing them......how could he take the # 1 SG and PG and turn them into 2nd rounders.........perhaps it was part of his plan to muck them up so next years team would be better.....Hmm

Well as much talent as Kentucky has the rest of college basketball is fortunate that Calipari still calls the X's and O's.....it took him the entire year to figure out a "tweak". He was schooled by Billy, Mike Anderson and the 132nd ranked rebounding team and Kevin Ollie. He took a 40-0 preaseason # 1 to a 29-11 unseeded team (yes they played well in the tourney, but were a shot away from failure) . Melted down and blamed it on youth.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,375
    The twins can hit outside shots, but I don't think they guarded our players well enough to shut them down.
    Hill & Carter will blow by them both next year....and Frazier will out-shoot them from the 3-point line.
  15. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +879
    They'll be very good, I'm sure. I was never sold on the Harrison's being elite talents, but there's no doubt they will both make a huge impact. Especially on a team that would have otherwise really hurt for guards.

It will being funny when people start talking about them going 40-0 again, because they won't. Can't wait for 2 (maybe 3?) epic battles again next year.
  16. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,841
    If I compare the maturation (both physically and mentally) of Hill/Walker and the H. Twins, I choose our guys. It should be a fun year.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,789
    Cal is great at recruiting and getting players to the NBA, who would have gotten there without the age limit rule in place. He hasn't shown much ability to groom players that aren't ready, beyond 1-2 years...

I feel pretty good about our team, as long as we add another big

-Hill has quickness and playmaking ability over Harrison, lacks the height and build. Hill is supposedly working on his jumper with Dupay this off-season
    -Frazier is a sharp shooter, Harrison is an ok 3pt shooter, but like his brother, has size to drive in...Frazier needs to work on this to keep defenses honest
    -DFS was the SEC 6th man of the year last year
    -Walker will need the biggest jump of the returning players next year, but WSC is just a decent shot-blocker and garbage man...Walker has a much higher ceiling
    -Harris was a legit shot-blocker last time he played, and I imagine his offensive game has improved under Billy since then...Dekari is a brut

We have some good transfers and freshman coming in, that I believe can contribute off the bench..
    • Like Like x 3
  18. gulfgator

gulfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +196

This will be very interesting, I'm sure a lot of the young studs they are bringing in, were counting on plenty a star time, now that it looks like they may not get it, I have to wonder if some of them are having second thoughts? They will be scary good, most likely.
  19. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    As far as playing time goes.....Just a guess, but
    Harrison 35
    Harrison 33
    WCS 31
    Poythress up to 23-24
    Dakari up to 20 a game
    Ullis probably around 8 to 10
    Lee should see some time perhaps around 8-9 per game.
    Towns will have to play some so around 10-12 per game

Playing the freshman for very long could produce the results from last year, so they may not play much, unless someone really surprises. If the #1 and # 3 centers in last years class saw a combined 20 minutes a game, doubt these guys will see much time. Ulis and Towns will see some time.
    The rest will be chit out of luck for the most part. Booker may give them shooting, but also might hurt the chemistry. Be surprised if he was there much in crunch time.
    Lyles could be odd man out,he will he leap over the others. Don't see it happening...maybe 6 minutes a game.
    Look for Hawkins and Willis to be mop up duty and see very little time. No need for them to see the floor. No chance for development here.

Think Cal will still go around the 7-8 deep lineup for the most part and the others will pitch in. All 4 Freshman will return next year due to lack of development. This team from a depth and minutes standpoint will be vey much like Florida teams, so all those stars on the pine, don't always translate into big wins. They will not make huge impacts in limited duty.
  20. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +459
    OK - Kentucky just got a heck of a lot more dangerous as an opponent than they were before these guys decided to return. With those two returning, I expect them to be the favorites over the Gators in the SEC. They both played quite well even as true frosh, and even with the almost worthless Cali as their coach, as sophomores, I think we can expect them to play very, very well.
    • Agree Agree x 1