Harris off the team

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by alietigator, Dec 21, 2013.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +562
    This x10000
  2. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,691
    Don't disagree at all. My point was that I don't recall Harris's presence have any particular impact on specific recruits.
  3. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    I am sure Billy's tough love didn't mesh with Harris. That is obvious. Sad we will see Harris starting for another team, we could have used another big to give py time to save his knees. Now the trick for Billy is to get another big for next year. Now don't anyone say Alex Murphy is a center. Lol As for Chris Walker, he isn't a center also.

I guess David sharpe will have to control the middle if billy can't pull a rabbit out of the hat. I guess we will need a nickname for David.. Deisel. Meat hook. Big...... Pick and bowl. Changes the meaning of Billy's offense. Lol I guess everyone remembers the round mound of rebound...
  4. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    I think Rimmer de-commited shortly after Harris announced he was coming here, but I could be wrong about the timing. If it was an either/or situation it was probably the right choice to make, but in hindsight it obviously just didnt work out.
  5. alietigator

alietigator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +93
    I think Embiid definitely was effected. He saw himself as 3rd string to PY and Harris this year as opposed to KU where there was no one in front. Playing time was a big deal to him. Having Harris here waiting to play this year was a big factor.
  6. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,691
    From what I recall, we didn't get in on him until late (think he was only at the Rock for a year) because he really didn't fit what we do, but we did come on a little at the end after seeing him some more. Regardless, if I am a shot blocking five without the skill level to run pick and pops or pick and rolls, then I am going to a good half court, slower paced, defensive oriented scheme like Self's before a more complex, high ball screen oriented, transition ball action offensive scheme like ours.
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +779
    You must not have a teenage son. Mine is the academic version of Harris, 35 ACT out of high school, currently on academic probation and at risk of losing his scholarship.
  8. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,691
    That was me. I nearly washed out as a freshman/first semester sophomore before righting the ship. I referred to my first year as a redshirt.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1